Priceline Hotel: Cancun (Riviera Maya) bid of $120 Rejected

henry
By henry,
in

I had previously bid $105 for a Riviera Maya resort from 2/21 - 3/1, then added Cozumel as a free rebid and went up to $115. I then dropped off the last day and went up to $120 with no success. I'll try again in a few days. I'm really hoping to get the Omni Puerto Aventuras. (AAA rate of 206).

The plan is to vacate from 2/15 to 3/1. OPA is sold out from 2/18-21, so we will probably hang out in Cancun or Cozumel for the first week. This is a very optional trip, so if I can't nail down the second week we may just wait until later in the spring.

I'll keep you posted. I'm kicking myself a little bit because the OPA was available on Hotwire a couple of months ago for about $145. It's now about $194. (OPA is the 4.5 * boutique on Hotwire). I'll keep trying, but I'm not interested in paying much more than $150 per night.

Maybe the Bahamas...

• 3 weeks later...

Well the Omni PA is now sold out for almost all of the time we'll be there. We ended up renting a condo just a few yards down the beach in PA. Condos look like a good alternative in this area when Priceline doesn't work out. It's 51 degrees here in Minneapolis right now, but it's only whetting my appetite for tropical weather. I can't wait!

On another note, Happy Birthday to BetterBidding!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]