ANC to ATL Couple of Questions

vigabrand
By vigabrand,
in

This will be my first attempt at using Priceline for bidding on airfare, and I had a couple of questions. I know that priceline can give up to 1 stop each way, but is there any limit to how long the layover is? I don't want to be stuck somewhere for 12 hours. Also, I read that the flight times are 8am to 10pm, except if off peak is forced by the city. If that's the case, it says it can be as early as 5am or as late as 2am the next day. Most flights from AK to the east coast leave at 12am to 2am, does this mean that I should assume my flight won't be until after midnight the next day instead of just after midnight on the actual day I chose (which is what I would rather have)? Here's my dilema, I work on Friday and want to leave Saturday. Theoretically my flight could actually be on Sunday morning (12am to 2am). Using this logic, if I choose to leave instead on Friday (to get a Saturday red eye flight), I could get stuck with an actual Friday flight. Any suggestions on how to handle this? Thanks.

...is there any limit to how long the layover is?

Current at time of posting, from PRICELINE's website:

Domestic travel: Connection times for domestic travel can be up to 3 hours, depending on the best available routing. Keep in mind that 80% of domestic connections booked by priceline are 2 hours or less.
Most flights from AK to the east coast leave at 12am to 2am, does this mean that I should assume my flight won't be until after midnight the next day instead of just after midnight on the actual day I chose (which is what I would rather have)?
I wouldn't make this assumption, as there is a difference between most and all.
Here's my dilema, I work on Friday and want to leave Saturday. Theoretically my flight could actually be on Sunday morning (12am to 2am). Using this logic, if I choose to leave instead on Friday (to get a Saturday red eye flight), I could get stuck with an actual Friday flight. Any suggestions on how to handle this?
Not a risk i'd be willing to take, unless i knew that i could take off from work on Friday.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]