Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* NYC (MTC) Dream Hotel

Cocker
By Cocker,
in

Hi all, new to the site but have read a lot of posts re strategy, re-bidding etc. Just looking for a bit advice/confirmation before I commit to a bid using your PRICELINE link please...

Looking for a 4* property in MTE, likely start my bids at 90$ then add re-bid areas that DON'T have 4* or above properties - that's correct guys eh ?

Can someone confirm what my re-bid areas are please ?

Thanks very much, much appreciated.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

We'll help explain how to determine your re-bid zones as they need to be checked before beginning every bidding cycle to make sure that nothing has changed sine the last time you checked... otherwise you could end up in a zone you didn't inted. Please see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask any questions you have. If you start this prior thread and are confused right off the bat, just post backa and we'll break it down further for you.

When bidding in NYC at the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones available. Please try to determine them using the information in the link above and we'll confirm the re-bid zones for you.

Also, is there a reason MTE is the only zone you're considering? Generally speaking, most of the midtown zones usually work pretty good for the average visitor.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the quick response !

No main reason I fancy MTE, it's really just that I've stayed in various places over the years; from Washingston Sq Hotel to Hudson up beside CP and found MTE the area I prefer - but yeah, I suppose any of the Midtown areas would be just as handy...got married in the Waldorf in 2005 so probably got a soft spot for that area...seems to be some great deals to be had at the Grand Hyatt ?

No problelm... we can start with just MTE if you'd like. Were you able to determine your FIVE re-bid zones?

What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Let us know the above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello. Yeah, think i've sussed the 5 "free bid" zones I could use; Chelsea, Brooklyn, Long Island, Madison Sq Garden and now Upper East Side.

Yes, you have your re-bid zones correct (don't forget to doublecheck them just before bidding)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Hi again, just about to launch a bid effort and wanted to double check something, hope you don't mind...

My ideal is to get a 4* in MTE so my strategy is:-

Bid $90 after selecting MTE and 4* hotels - if rejected...

Bid $95 after adding B into my requirements - if rejected...

Big $100 after adding UES into my requirements - if rejected...

Bid $105 after adding MSG into my requirements - if rejected...

Bid $110 after adding LIA into my requirements - if rejected...

Bid $115 after adding CA into my requirements making MTE, B, UES, MSG, LIA & CA all 'checked'

Does that sound about right ?

Yes, unless you're willing to accept a zone other than MTE.

However, if you're looking to bid higher than $115 we can adjust your strategy above so that you can bid as high as you'd like... what is your maximum bid for this stay at this time?

I've seen people getting the Grand Hyatt for $105 and $106 so I suppose I'm being tight and not willing to pay over the odds....however, these low prices are mid January so I should really expect to pay a bit more for late Feb, early March.

Let's say my max is $130 before tax - which i guess is approx. another 14%...

What do you recommend ?

So using the FIVE re-bid zones you previously identified above (always doublecheck just before bidding tomake sure that nothing has changed);

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE and re-bid zone5...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $130

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thanks very much. I've just gone round the loop twice, hitting my $130 max without any luck...not to worry, I'll likely give it another go tomorrow. Do you think i'm being unrealistic looking for a 4* in MTE in late Feb, early March ?

Thanks for your help thus far, much appreciated.

Thanks for the guidence. W New York looks great and gets good reviews. I will consider this using the HOTWIRE link.

I'm also thinking about a 3.5* in Midtown Central for $113 a night. It has the following facilities listed:-

Boutique

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Internet

Spa

Does this look like being the Dream Hotel ? If so, $113 seems a good price, only draw back could be the reviews saying the rooms are typical of a boutique hotel....i.e. very, very small...

That may be the Dream Hotel, which has been seen with those amenities in the past. NYC Hotel rooms are often quite small; the Roosevelt, for example, has rooms that are 130 SQ FT, and the Hudson has famously tiny rooms. A lot of the historic and boutique properties have small rooms, but even some of the more modern properties have rooms that are smaller than average compared to other large cities.

Found a 3.5* property on Hotwire. MTC with:- Boutique/Smoke Free/Restaurant(s)/Internet/Fitness/Spa

2 adults on 26 Feb to 4 Mar(6 nights) $113.00 per night.

Turned out to be The Dream hotel as I expected. Very happy with the outcome after using the HOTWIRE link on betterbidding.com !

Thanks very much to everyone who responded and gave me advice, much appreciated. :)

Congratulations on your success! :)

Really, really nice deal for this boutique property, which has an average rate of $194 on the hotel website for these dates. Rooms are on the smaller side at this property (although there is worse in NYC at comparable hotels - see the Roosevelt's 135 sq ft rooms), and if you want a larger room, I'd call or write the hotel and (politely, as who you talk to may depend on whether or not you're successful) ask if anything at least slightly more spacious is available. If you don't get a response or the hotel refuses, I'd try again at check-in and possibly ask if you could pay a small upgrade fee - if all else fails, ask if you paid an extra $20 (for example), if there was any way that $20 could bump you up to a nicer room. Just my 2 cents.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]