Priceline Hotel: help with bidding please

misha
By misha,
in

Have attempted a couple of different bids, but no takers so far. Would appreciate any suggestions for the best order to do things next time I try.

We are going to D.C. and need rooms for 5/1-5/4/05. Would like to stay in Crystal City or White House area, prefer 3 or 4*. What is the best way to request for the best possible result. Would like to stay below $70 if possible.

Thanks for any help!

Will try to recreate, but not sure I remember all.

Started with Crystal City, 3* at $48. No luck, added Springfield and uped to $51. Wasn't sure what else to do, so waited 72 hours.

Second try, went for 4*, decided White House area would be ok, so did that first, no luck. Added $ and Crystal City. Nothing. Added $ and 3* as last try at $60. Stopped there.

Any other suggestions for when I try again in another 72 hours?

Hope this is now in the right location on this board

It seems like you are thinking about this stay 'on the fly' and deciding what zones/star ratings you want as you get rejected for previous area.

We usually recommend thinking the entire gameplan out from start to finish, knowing what you will do each step of the way if the prior bid is rejected.

Why don't you make a list all your acceptable zones, the star rating within each zone you are want, and how much you are willing to bid up to for each star rating within each zone. Post that information here and we'll suggest a step-by-step strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

HOTWIRE rates seem very high, but i would start with the following anyway. At the 4* level you have 5 re-bid zones, at the 3* you only have one. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and ask any questions you may have and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

This is how i would bid:

Select 4* White House - Downtown

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $70.

If rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Crystal City

Bid $45, if rejected add Whilte House and...

Bid $51, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $56.

The above is how i would start. Feel free to ask any questions you may have and let us know how it goes.

Good Luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry to hear about your cancelled plans... at least you aren't already in a non-refundable reservation.

We wish your friend a speedy recovery and we'll be here when you're ready to re-book.

Thank you for the follow-up and letting us know... the board operates much more efficiently when each thread has a 'close' to it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]