Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip) Venetian

broiler
By broiler,
in

hello everyone. i am new here. just found out about this thru the search engine:) i booked 1/15 online @ venetian.com for $180 w/2 spa pass / 2 guggenheim museum pass & i took a risk for 1/16 with priceline.com for$ 100 . i got the $100 offer w/priceline @ venetian so luckily i got 2 stay @ the same hotel for the duration of the trip. lucky me :)

if i have known about this site before earlier ...i would have book the 15-17 with priceline cause it seems someone got the same bidd for 125 for each day !!!

anyway i really enjoy this site..thank you.

p.s. i read the review on venetian here.. and i noticed someone said about the $20...upgrade thing??? what is it? i tried to do a search but nothing comes up..please help..would be nice to get an upgrade for $20 :) please let me know how to go about.

thanks again ...so much !!!!

I'm looking for 1/26, I see if you wait it out the deals come. Did you book 1/15 at venetian.com or through another site? For my date 1/26 at venetian.com its 249 or something like that, i'm hoping it goes down, or I hope I can get through Priceline. I was also wondering if its possible to upgrade a priceline room.

Welcome to BetterBidding! We're glad you found us and that you are here.

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing it with the rest of the board.

Here is some general information on the $20 TRICK.... however, all standard rooms at the Venetian and very nice to begin with. There are some pictures of this property at RealHotelPhotos.com.

Have a great stay.

PS- i assume your previous Venetian reservation is non-cancellable? If not, you could always try Priceline for the property and then cancel your previous reservation if successful

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

hello again..thanks for the infos on the tipping trick..& the real pics of the hotels..there are very helpful indeed!!

yep..the 1/15 reservation is on venetian.com under the "living the suite life" special. (carrying over from 2004 but still good in 2005)(i called the live operator to swith from the regular special 149 to the 180 living the suite life special because the different is only ~$30 & i get the spa & museum pass, and they are very very helpful on the phone), and it is non cancellable.

this will be my first time @ venetian, and from the pics i saw..they are very nice so i won't try the $20 trick, but i will ask for the strip view room :) will keep u posted if a polite asking will work!!

i have been using priceline for the past 4 years mostly for the l.a.& o.c. basin.(at least once or twice a month) so hopefully i can be an asset for the southern california area ...look for me in there soon :)

OK..to close the thread...i politely asked for the upgrade..stripe view $35, 2 queens $35, the check out is 11am i asked for a 1pm check out = no. the latest is 12noon. 1pm checkout = $86 additional :) the gym is additional 25 per person & the guggenheim museum is 15 per person. and the museum contains only about 20 - 30 paintings the most...and the headset to listen to some of the painting is additional $4.00 so if you are not using these services, it's best to bid on priceline for 100 plus tax = 119. if you are using these services , look for the package (like i did @ venetian.com for 196 with tax..comes with gym pass & museum pass & coupon book) (with priceline 119 plus 2 gym 50 plus 2 museum pass = 199) about the same :) but without the coupon book..

it seems anything additional u want to use there's a charge....the rooms are good ..nice and quiet..big enough... hope this helps :o

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]