What happens next?

unzippy
By unzippy,
in

I have 'won' 2 rooms last sunday in The Muse Hotel in New York for the period of 11-17 Feb via Priceline. I have e-mailed the hotel via their website to request that the 2 rooms are non smoking but have heard nothing so far. In fact my credit card hasn't been billed either. All I have is the page from priceline with my booking ref. Do you usally get contacted by the hotel?

Check your account information to see if your reservation actually went through. If it's not there, call Priceline to make sure that they indeed haven't received it, and then try again.

As for contacting hotels, try calling them rather than e-mailing. Not everybody is as proficient with electronic communication as you might think... ;-)

Yeah, unless it's international, I never email specific hotel requests. With long distance costing less than 4 cents/minute, I think making that "personal connection" increases your odds of getting the room you want.

Of course, as I posted last week, I've had hotel clerks say "yes, sir, we'll give you exactly what you want" and then I arrive at the hotel hours later and there's no record of my request! Get a name if you're paranoid.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]