Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Los Angeles (Redondo-Manhattan Beach) Crowne Plaza

sioseeker
By sioseeker,
in

We wanted 3* and tried $45, $50, $55, $60 and eventually we were accepted at $65 with upgrade to 3.5*.

Have no idea why we we needed to bid so much - is there some exciting event in Redondo the week of Feb 17/19?

Also booked using an Australian AMEX credit card Priceline had on file from last year - no problem.

Thank you.

Congratulations on your success!

Rates vary by dates - not sure what may be going on on these dates, but there may be a convention or other event in the area.

Can you confirm your dates? They appear to have not fit on the top line of the thread subject.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start future purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

We wanted 3* and tried $45, $50, $55, $60 and eventually we were accepted at $65 with upgrade to 3.5*.

Have no idea why we we needed to bid so much - is there some exciting event in Redondo the week of Feb 17/19?

3* in Manhattan-Redondo zone often requires some patience. It seems like most 3* wins in this zone happen within a week or two of travel dates.

3* in Manhattan-Redondo zone often requires some patience. It seems like most 3* wins in this zone happen within a week or two of travel dates.

Thanks for adding that Colfax. I am also looking for a 3* in this area (2/21 - 23) and haven't had luck at $50 a couple of times on PRICELINE now. Good to know that I might have better luck as the dates approach.

Ah Colfax thank you - I looked more closely at previous posts and yes it seems that the good deals of 3* for $43-$45 are booked a day or two before the stay date. Will keep that in mind for future bookings. We are flying from OZ and I guess we didn't want to end up camping. We booked thro the Priceline thread link.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]