Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (UM/CPS) Park Central Hotel

trucker217
By trucker217,
in

I need some insight on bidding in NYC. Been there may times & always stayed at the Milford Plaza and was happy with the hotel & the best price I have seen recently was $109 a night on Hotels.com. . I now need 2 rooms per night this trip & would like to get the best deal possible on a similar hotel (or better). Any ideas on what price might get what I need?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

I'm surprised you liked the Milford Plaza so much as it doesn't have a great reputation. If you like it, it may be available HERE for $99/nite (they'll let you know via email if you get it... usually within a day)

I think you have a few options which would likely be better, especially if you're willing to raise you're willing to slightly raise your limit....

The Beekman Tower is a bit east, but a 1BR suite is available for $119/nite and the reviews are positive.

You may also be successful at a 4* property via Priceline for under $130, maybe even $120... if you want to go that route there we'll be happy to suggest a bidding strategy for you to follow.

The Roosevelt seems to be available HERE for about $105/nite.

Let us know if any of the above work of if you'd like us to suggest something via Priceline?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think you're not going to save any money by going for a 2BR suite....

-there aren't many at 'mid-range' hotels in NYC

-most properties in the tier you're looking at only have 'standard rooms'

-most websites don't supply data for suite rooms

-prices are typically much higher for these type of rooms since they are far and few between

The Belleclaire has a 2BR suite (not confirmed available) for $179. I don't know anything about this property and the reviews are a bit mixed... for the price i would sooner go for 2 of the standard rooms referenced above which have a bit better comments. (to substantiate my point above, althogh this hotel has 2BR suites, they also have rooms with shared baths... not the type of property i would typically consider staying at)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK, I think I will just try & bid on 2 rooms, maybe start at $75 each (3*) and see how that works out. From what I read it seems if you bid close to your desired check in day (almost last minute), maybe your luck will be better. I will let you know the results. Also, new years will have past and maybe that will help too. I know a lot of people don't like the Milford Plaza, it's small, but worked good for us in the past except 4 people in a room is real tight.

Thanks again!

If you look on the board there are much more 4* wins in NYC than 3* because the price difference between the two is often very little.

What are all the zones that are acceptable to you and we'll suggest a strategy to follow?

So that we can look ahead, if you're not successful with a 3* bid at the above $90 maximum bid, would you lower your star rating, book something mentioned above, or would you raise your limit for a 4* hotel (usually you can't try for a higher rated property after being rejected for a lower one, but i may have a strategy that will work, which is why i ask for all the acceptable zones). If you try for a 4* afterwards, what would you new maximum bid be?

Thanks for your quick reply. I would rather go 4* then down to 2* for sure, and as far as the zones: ME, MW & UMT-CPS. I never stayed UES or UWS or SOHO so I would rather stick to what I know if possible. I am trying to crunch the numbers as much as possible so as to use my $ on other things in NYC beside the hotel. If I could get 2 rooms for $200 + fees per night that would be good, and I know through Hotels.com I can get the Milford if I want. I wouldn't mine seeing another type of hotel as long as it was as good as the MP, and not worst.

Thanks!

So $90 max for a 3* and $100 max for a 4* if the 3 star is rejected? (do i have that right?)

If so, i would at the very least raise your maximum for the 4* to $110 as it significantly increases your chances and gets you a much higher rated hotel than the Milford Plaza.

BTW, we're also an affiliate of Hotels.com if that's the route you ultimately take :)

Let us know about the above maximum bids and we'll then recommend a strategy to follow.

We're more than happy to help with a strategy, but it sounds as if you already have a gameplan in mind.

The NYC Hilton's are large business-type hotels... don't expect any special or personalized service (ie- the doorman certainly won't remember your name), but the overall accomodations and experience should be nicer than the Milford Plaza.

At the 4* level in NYC you have two re-bid zone, only one at the 3* level. If you're unsure of your re-bid zones ask the board to confirm them for you.

Select 4* and MTW...

Bid $97, if rejected add MTE and....

Bid $100, if rejected add UM/CPS and...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $107, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $110.

If that is rejected close browser and re-access Priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* and MTW...

Bid $80, if rejected add MTE and...

Bid $85, if rejected add UM/CPS and...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $90.

I think the above is a good systematic way to get to your biddng limits.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the support!

Hopefully something above works, but if not.... you can go with the Hotels.com Milford Plaza, or if there is no fear of that selling out (doesn't Hotels.com usually put up notices "only 2 rooms left"?) then you can try the 'on request' milford plaza HERE (not only would it be $10/nite cheaper than Hotels.com (or $100 for the stay), but they also don't charge any booking fees so there would be more savings involved).

When a hotel is listed as 'available' it's instantaneous, but when 'on request' they have to contact the hotel to try to get additional rooms at their block rate, so depending how busy they are (or how well staffed during the week/weekend) it could take anywhere from 8 to 48 hours.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]