Priceline Hotel: 2* Richmond (Airport RIC) Holiday Inn

xltel
By xltel,
in

Need one night for early flight out, got this on first bid for $35. Likely could have gotten it cheaper.

Congratulations, you got your price of $35 for a 2-star hotel room

Check-In Date: Fri, Jan 14, 2005

Check-In Time: After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Sat, Jan 15, 2005

Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price: $35.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $35.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $11.93

Total Charges: $46.93

• 3 weeks later...

BE CAREFUL WITH THIS HOTEL. They charged my Credit Card for the hotel room and claim they did not. Tried to work it out with the hotel and made two calls, finally contacted Priceline and they made a couple of calls and then Priceline told me I needed to work it out with the hotel. To resolve the issue I had to have my CC company back charge to the hotel. This hotel has room service and in room movies, so they request your CC at check in.

When I checked in there was another lady there checking in and they asked for her CC to pay for her room. She was complaining that the room was paid for already over the internet and finally the hotel agreed and asked for her CC for incidental charges. That should have been my warning, but I am just too trusting.

I would suggest that you do NOT give this hotel your CC card for any reason. Good luck on your bidding.

Tom

This is a common mistake which happens occaisionally... usually by new front desk clerks or a hotel employee that is not used to how pre-paid reservations are booked in the system. It is discussed in more detail in this thread: PRICELINE DOUBLE CHARGE.

I'm sure this will be rectified, as it has in every other instance that we are aware of, and if your stay was otherwise sufficient i wouldn't avoid this zone simply for this mistake.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]