Have a question about Car rental Taxes and Fees

BINH PHAM
By BINH PHAM,
in

I'm little bit confused that when my offer is accepted, the price I've paid for is the Total price and I wont be charged any additional fees (if I dont do anything outside my rates), is that correct?

For example, I won total price is $199 (including Taxes and Fees as Priceline stated), after returning the car I wont be charged any thing extra, right?

If anyone has any experience about this situation, please reply!

• 5 months later...
The above is correct... other than optional things (having them fill the gas tank, navigation equipment, etc)

As a follow up question, will the car rental agency "force" you to buy their insurance (which will be extra to what you paid to priceline)?

I heard some rental agencies do that; i know that Enterprise DOESN'T, since they always give you the choice whether to buy their insurance or not.

The reason behind my question is that I already have insurance through my VISA card.

By the way, i am booking a car in Ontario, Canada.

Thanks

Some rental companies give a harder "sell" than others... but i don't believe they can force you to buy insurance (especially if you can show that you already have insurance). However, note that many credit cards only cover collision, and not liability, so that is something you may want to look into. (although admittedly i'm no expert on insurance)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...

Make sure you bring a copy of your insurance papers to show the rental agency when you decline their insurance. Last time I rented it was a requirement. Some agencies will push their insurance even though you are covered through your credit card and own car insurance.

A tip: When you look over the rental vehicle for damage, make sure the tags/plates are current. I missed that and was pulled over for having expired tags in LA. CHP made us leave the highway and pull over in a gas station in South Central. Good thing there is such a thing as professional courtesy!

The handiest place to use your own GPS is in a city you are visiting!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]