Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Columbus (Worthington-Polaris-Westerville) Crowne Plaza North

truth_hurts
By truth_hurts,
in

I guess there may have been a map change, because I was hoping for the Sheraton Suites and ended up with the Crown Plaza which I thought was in the Columbus North area. I'm okay with what we ended up with (They have a nice pool), but would have started at $30 and maybe saved some money. (Please Note: We needed two beds and they charge $10 change fee to switch from the assigned King to a Double).

Here are the details:

Crowne Plaza Hotel Columbus North

Worthington - Polaris - Westerville

6500 Doubletree Avenue

Columbus, Ohio 43229

Check-In Date:

Fri, Jan 8, 2010 / After 04:00 PM

Check-Out Date:

Sat, Jan 9, 2010 / 11:00 AM

Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $35.00

Taxes & Fees: $13.01

Total Charges: $48.01

Sorry you received a property you didn't intend. It does appears that there has a been a zone change as this property now sits just above the southern border of this zone... i susect they extended the Worthington zone a little further south and made the North zone a little shorter.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us update the Priceline Hotel List accordingly... hopefully this will still work well for your needs.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

OK, so what is the deal with this property and where it falls within priceline mapping? The original poster bid for Worthington, westerville, polaris and received this hotel in January. There's another poster slightly below who got this property for dates in Dec for Columbus *North*? I got this property recently (mid dec)--bidding for Worthington, West, Polaris. I bid for a 3* and was "upgraded." This has happened twice. I won't bid Worthington, West, Polaris now as chances are good Crowne Plaza will come up. I noticed the boundary maps (I know this area well) and even bid a 3* deliberately so as not to get this property... lucky me, twice, I've been "upgraded" to the 3.5. I tried the second time because my favorite place to stay in Cols is the Worthington area right off 23, and I used to always get hotels there. Neighborhood (to access) Crowne Plaza is sketchy. Last time I was there they gave me a room facing the highway--when the property seemed to be pretty empty. I returned to the desk and requested another one. The second room was quieter, but the curtains were tattered.

Moderators, is it possible this hotel could be listed in both maps--the boundary lines for Cols don't show that the two zones overlap, but how could this hotel float in and out of different zones? Do zone boundaries change on a regular basis?

I got this property recently (mid dec)
Thanks for using our links for your purchases... it would also be appreciated if you also shared your wins/results with the board, helping other users to come just as you have been helped by the previous users before you who took the time to share their results :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Sheraton Suites is currently in PRICELINE's Worthington-Polaris-Westerville zone.

You can see the location of this property HERE can compare it to PRICELINE's "Name Your Own Price" bidding zones.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

• 2 weeks later...

actually, I didn't share 'cause mine came to be the same as all the ones posted here. also, I was so annoyed at having gotten this property when I deliberately went out of my way NOT to get it. (I thought it was North, and I requested a 3* not a 3.5) also, my question is still the same--how can this property be turning up in *both* Columbus North and Worthington-Westerville-Polaris? I am confused about how this hotel shows up in two zones. Because of this experience I do NOT bid in either Cols North or Worthington-Westerville. I really am wondering how Priceline allows the same property to show up in two zones. Is this possible?

actually, I didn't share 'cause mine came to be the same as all the ones posted here.
If this was a good policy, there would be one post for each hotel reported to the board, and then users wouldn't know how current the information was since the hotel hadn't been reported in awhile. As well, having more posts (even for the same hotel) gives others an idea of the frequency of how often each hotel appears. If two hotels have the same amenity combination and one has been reported to the board once or twice, and the other has 50-60 wins posted, a user can make an educated guess that they're more likely to receive the more frequently won property (although still accepting that either is sill possible) and make a decision accordingly, something not possible if users don't post their wins since "it's already been reported".
also, I was so annoyed at having gotten this property when I deliberately went out of my way NOT to get it.
Another reason to post your win, as you believe something 'new' is happening in this area... perhaps posting your win and having a discussion (as you're trying to do here) could help another user with their own stay; but this thread should be taking place in a thread for your own win, not here.

You should also follow-up all threads on the board with your results/decision, even if PRICELINE or HOTWIRE is not used, as it makes your post more useful for other users. See your previous Hotwire Mexico thread which has not conclusion, which leaves another user guessing if you purchased the hotel in question or not. You also mention in your Mexico thread that you're a "frequent PRICELINE and HOTWIRE user" yet there are no reported wins by you to the board (only questions you want help with)

Please follow-up your Mexico thread, then post your Columbus win and question to the board as a NEW TOPIC and we will answer it there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]