Priceline Hotel: 3* Aurba Divi Village

pissedoff
By pissedoff,
in

So, I was looking for a deal and came across hotwire and priceline. At first I didn't understand the priceline bidding process. But it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it. So I was looking at aruba from 1/11/10 for 9 nights. On Sunday I put in a $95 bid for 4* then 3.5* then 3 star, all the while hoping for the marriott. Rejected. Monday I put in a bid for 120 and was again rejected. By the way, you have to wait 24 hours before you bid again. Tuesday I put in a bid for $140 for 4* and 3.5* and $120 for 3*. Rejected. Tonight, (Wednesday) I put in a bid for $160 for 4* and 3.5*, and just for a goof I put in $140 for a 3*. Well guess what? I get the 3* for 140. I figure AT WORST it would be the holiday inn sunspree. Instead I get the Divi village resort. WHAT THE??? That is not even listed as a hotel on the list. I had been hearing about all these deals like $120 for the Westin so I thought I was going to get a deal. Well I checked the regular price for the Divi Village Resort and it was $150 a night! Wow, I saved 10 bucks a night!!!! Some discount huh? I am never going to use priceline again. what a pain in the rear and what a waste of time. If you want to avoid some mistakes, here is my best advice:

1) When you know when you want to go, start bidding. Don't wait til the last minute like I did. I am such a moron.

2) Don't believe all the hotel listings on this site. There was no mention of any Divi Village resort on the list of priceline hotels.

3) Bid only for the 4* or 3.5* and underbid if you have the time to spare.

I am so pissed off, now there is nothing I can do. I am stuck. What a waste of my time.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Sorry to hear your disappointed with the results of your purchase. While there is not much savings with this purchase, Expedia, Orbitz, and Travelocity all rate this property 3 stars, so i would guess that it's being fairly rated by PRICELINE.

It's never a good idea to put in a bid "just for a goof" and if you do decide to use PRICELINE again i'd recommend asking for help before bidding and reading the comments at the top of every Priceline Hotel List on the board.

Hope your stay goes better than you anticipate and this ultimately proves to be a good trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

PO: Sorry you had a bad experience with Priceline, but it's not the board's fault. BB states pretty clearly that you can get a hotel that is not on their list and you shouldn't take it as gospel.

Furthermore, if you are an informed bidder, you will most likely save lots of $$$. I have stayed in hotels (Westin) that had a rack rate of over $200 when I paid $55. The savings are not usually that high, but it does happen. If you read the FAQs here, you will not typically pay more than you should. You can also ask for bidding advice.

The time it takes is usually worth it for the savings. Sorry to say, but it was your mistake.

On more thing: Divi Village is highly rates on TripAdvisor. Read the reviews and it might make you feel better about it ....

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]