Priceline Hotel: Bidding Help

rscima
By rscima,
in

I am interested in securing the Don Cesar on 3/23/05 for 3 nights. Looking at your list, I see it is 4* St. Pete Beach location. I cannot find where anyone has won & what they paid. Is it the only 4* in this location? Also, do you know if they have any of those resort fees or parking fees? Thanks for your help. ( I understanding free re-bidding also :)

I did stay here in early June of 2004. I did put my info on BetterBidding but I can't find it now either so here is what I paid:

Your Offer Price: $99.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 4

Subtotal: $396.00

Taxes & Service Fees:$57.73

Total Charges: $453.73

I booked on April 13, so it was about a month and a half before my trip. I loved this place and we had a wonderful room here. I think I may have paid a small resort fee but it included the self-parking so it was well worth it. I would check their website for info on that. As far as bidding just for the Don be CAREFUL, I believe there may be another 4* in that area, the Tradewinds Island Grand...I'm not for sure on that though. I don't think anyone on here has gotten it but just be warned that it could happen. I checked your dates using the vacation packages and neither of these hotels were listed.

hannahB-Thanks so much for re-posting your info. on the Don Cesar. $99/night! WOW! That is unbelievable. I would be perfectly happy with that.

thereuare-I can't believe I couldn't find that win...I went back like 23 pages looking for it! :) To answer your question, I would be o.k. with another 4* - Especially if I can get it for $99/night. I just hope it would be on the beach, guess that's the chance I'm taking using Priceline. Would you mind giving me a bidding strategy? Thanks!

The SEARCH feature on the top right corner of the board (to the right of EMAIL ADMINISTRATOR) is a wonderful tool... just remember to change the lower right corner of the search to ANY DATE in order to go back further than 30 days (other rules of search apply, separate non-consecutive words with 'and', 'or', etc)

What would be your maximum bid?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 4* level you have 6 re-bid zones (if you're not sure which ones are your re-bid zones ask for help and/or confirm them with the board).

This is an expensive area and $110 may not be enough, but since you have some time you can start with this which will bring you to your current maximum bid.

Select 4* Beach

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

Bid $110.

Any questions feel free to ask. Let us know how it goes; if rejected with the above i would try to find a sensible fully cancellable back-up reservation.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

theruare-Thanks for your help. No Luck :) I bid exactly like you said but I guess $110 was just too low. I even added a night & went through the 6 rebids again & still rejected. I kind of figured that would happen because it's a holiday weekend (Easter). I wish Easter & my kids' spring break didn't cross paths, we might have had better luck. Oh well. Thanks again for your help anyway. I may try again in another week or so just for the heck of it.

Sue in Orlando

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]