Help Re Florida Convertible Rental

4family
By 4family,
in

Any advice re getting a better deal on Florida car rental would be much appreciated!! Arriving Fort Myers (RSW) Feb 24/05 1pm, departing same airport March 7/05. Looking to rent a convertible. Prices seem really high on all of the travel sites I've checked, along with the car rental checker here. Any advice on bidding strategies, or discount codes that might work here? Thanks in advance if you can help me save some $$$.

Best price I could find was Travelocity.com; "total price" $821; ($396 per week)......I realize this is high season and maybe that's what I should be expecting to pay; I just wondered whether there were other options for something cheaper with PL or hotwire or discount codes, etc.....

Thanks for your quick reply to my first post....

Thanks, I tried it........alamo.com quoted a price of $1029 for the rental period I want.....not encouraging! Must be higher pricing for spring break months. Any other suggestions anyone had would be much appreciated. I did try Priceline up to a bid of $45 per day but was rejected.

Finally found a better deal................after browsing lots of boards about similar discussions; have a cancellable reservation with Dollar using corporate discount code OL5010 ; gave me a weekly rate for a convertible $239 plus $45 per day; total for my dates $535 inclusive. About $400 cheaper than any of the websites I could find, Orbitz, pl or hotwire, etc. ; hopefully this code might work for somebody else looking for the same time period.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]