Priceline Hotel: 4* Phoenix (Scottsdale) Scottsdale Plaza Resort

novice
By novice,
in

Not thrilled with my priceline results, but knew it could happen.

Hoping for Doubletree, got Scottsdale Plaza Resort.

for 2/13-17/10

I bid

Scottsdale - 4* - $43

using advice I learned about adding areas that didn't have 4* or resort, added:

Phx West -$48

next

E. Mesa -$53

Chandler -$57 (and changed checkout to 2/16)

PHX airport - $60 (2/13-17)

Tempe - $65 - bid was successful, got Scottsdale Plaza Resort, which has an additional $19 a night resort fee.

I knew this could happen. Hoped it wouldn't.

Total per night with taxes, service charge, and resort fee is almost $95.

Still probably a good deal for February. Probably would have been a better strategy to go for 3 or 3.5* for less.

This is what I'm fearful of as well (getting a good deal on the hotel, but then being stuck with resort fees that can go as high as $30 per night)

Is there anything Novice could have done to avoid this? My understanding now is that even if s/he had bid 3* or 3.5*, Priceline could have upgraded Novice to this resort anyway.

No way to avoid the resort fee, all hotel guests (even those who book direct or thru non-opaque means) pay resort fees, if any, directly to the hotel.

If your concern is receiving a hotel without a resort fee then HOTWIRE may be a better option for you than PRICELINE, as HOTWIRE now lists resort fees for more of their offerings before purchase (after clicking the CONTINUE button next to an offering, look on the lower right of the page under "know before your go" where resort fees, if any, are usually listed)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not thrilled with my priceline results, but knew it could happen.

Hoping for Doubletree, got Scottsdale Plaza Resort.

for 2/13-17/10

I bid

Scottsdale - 4* - $43

using advice I learned about adding areas that didn't have 4* or resort, added:

Phx West -$48

next

E. Mesa -$53

Chandler -$57 (and changed checkout to 2/16)

PHX airport - $60 (2/13-17)

Tempe - $65 - bid was successful, got Scottsdale Plaza Resort, which has an additional $19 a night resort fee.

I knew this could happen. Hoped it wouldn't.

Total per night with taxes, service charge, and resort fee is almost $95.

Still probably a good deal for February. Probably would have been a better strategy to go for 3 or 3.5* for less.

The calendar is showing a $43 win. It looks to me like the bidder had a $65 win.

Rising Sun

Thanx for the heads up, i have edit the topic.

Yellowdog.

Priceline should really change the star rating of this hotel. It is NOT a 4 star rating. Sure there are a few nice pools but the rooms and rest of the common areas are no better than a Red Roof Inn.

I stayed here last year and was VERY disappointed. They charge a ridiculous amount for internet use and since they host meetings there the businessperson signal was always getting in my way, even though I paid to use the regular internet.

To make matters worse my laptop magically crashed one day while we were out of the room and no one at the hotel knew anything about it. I later went to a tech with it and he said it had likely been dropped/knocked over as there was some damage inside.

The staff at this hotel was incompetent and rude. I would avoid staying here at all costs, so there is no way I am risking putting in a 4 star bid in Scottsdale area.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]