Hotwire Better Option for Longer stays?

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

It appears that Priceline's new system of combining taxes and fees into one number has made the transaction costs higher for longer stays.

Typically, in the past, Priceline usually was able to beat Hotwire's prices. With this new development, we may start to see Hotwire show slightly cheaper for longer than average hotel stays (since this is where Priceline's fee gets inflated the most).

As many of your know, i don't care which service you use, my goal is that users get the best price possible (even if it isn't with Priceline OR Hotwire).

With Priceline's new system in place, i would definately recommend that for the time being we check Hotwire's rates more frequently than we have prior, as we may discover they offer the best rate for longer stays.

Please post any comparisons that you find "interesting" based upon Priceline's new system.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

I think you may be right here. I recently booked a week stay on hotwire for a cost of 68 per night. The maximum I could bid on priceline to keep the cost lower than hotwire would have been 62 per night. I was not successful at less than 62 per night and ended up booking on hotwire.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]