Hotwire Hotel: 3* San Francisco (Fishermans Wharf) Holiday Inn Express

melle18
By melle18,
in

I'm looking at a 3* Fishermans Wharf Hotel for 2 adults and 2 children for 30 Aug-2 Sept for 84$

Amenities: Fitness Center, Business Center, High-speed Internet Access

No TripAdvisor ratings

If I search just for 2 adults I get a 3* for 82$ with amenities Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center

Business Center, Laundry Facilities, High-speed Internet Access and TripAdvisor 4 out of 5.

I suppose the latter is the Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf but I don't have a clue about the first. I guess I could book for just 2 adults and hope/ask for 2 queen beds.

Help is very much appreciated!

I guess I could book for just 2 adults and hope/ask for 2 queen beds.

See the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ regarding bidding/room requests.

While many hotels will try to work with you regarding bedding requests, they're under no obligation to do so since all that is guaranteed with HOTWIRE is the number of guests you included in your search, and given this is a busy time in San Francisco, the hotel may be unable, or unwilling, to accomodate your request for a room with two beds... how would you handle a situation if you received a room with only one bid?

Are you ready to commit to your purchase at this time?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The 'alternate' hotel only showing limited amenities has not yet been reported to the board. There is a chance it's the same property only showing limited amenities when searching for 2adults/2children, but no way to tell for certain or take too much of an educated guess given this amenity combination has not yet been reported for a hotel in this zone.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
I'm looking at a 3* Fishermans Wharf Hotel for 2 adults and 2 children for 30 Aug-2 Sept for 84$

Amenities: Fitness Center, Business Center, High-speed Internet Access

No TripAdvisor ratings

the 3* Fishermans Wharf Hotel is still up for $84 with the same amenities (Fitness Center, Business Center, High-speed Internet Access) . Now the tripadvisor rating is added. Maybe that will help in identifying it?

Recommended in 80% of customer reviewers 500+ total reviews

Overall satisfaction 4.0 Condition of hotel 4.0 Quality of service 4.0 Room comfort 4.0 Room cleanliness 4.0

Location of hotel 4.5

The hotel which comes up with 2 adults but with amenities Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Laundry Facilities, High-speed Internet Access has exact the same rating making the chances it being the same hotel much higher.

The Holiday Inn has only 366 reviews so I am still confused

Recommended in 80% of customer reviewers 500+ total reviews

The Holiday Inn has only 366 reviews so I am still confused

The "500+ total reviews" is not the Tripadvisor reviews, but rather reviews submitted to HOTWIRE from guests who booked this hotel. This 500+ number has no correlation to the number of Tripadvisor reviews posted at the Tripadvisor website.

If you believe this is the same hotel that is appearing your 2adult/0children search, if you look at the Tripadvisor information for the 3* property on that search you'll see under the green circles 360+ reviews, which is consistent with the Holiday Inn.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Let us know what you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Thanks for all your help, AaronJB and Thereuare. Good to know that those reviews and ratings aren't Tripadvisor ones. I allready thought the ratings looked odd. On the moment I don't see any indication about reviews and ratings. I can only remember that those 2 hotels had eactly the same when i looked.

If I do a search for other months say June or July I think I get the same hotel for 2 adults/2 children but now only Internet and Fitness do appear. If I delete the children I allways get the other one, probably the Holiday Inn. I'm rather intrigued about the identity of the hotel.

I guess I just wait a few months and hope a 3,5* comes up.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I looked again and now saw that the 3* hotel for 2 adults/2 children had a hotwire recommendation of 90% instead of 80% for the 2 adults and no children, so I tried my luck using the Betterbidding HOTWIRE link.

I won the Holiday Inn Express and Suites instead of the Holiday Inn :)

I'm very pleased!!

To summarize:

3* Fisherman Wharf

amenities shown up: fitness, internet and bussiness centre :)

$79 a night for 2 adults and 2 children 2010-8-30/2010-9-2

Maybe the title of this thread can be changed?

It's hard to identify hotels if Hotwire doesn't show all amenities!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]