Hotwire Hotel: SF 4* USW or USE 4/3-4/10

robo909
By robo909,
in

Besides the Parc 55, the USE property also matches previous reports for the Westin Market St and Grand Hyatt... so i'd consider these possibilities as well for this one.

I agree that best guess for the USW property is the Hilton, but the Hotel Nikko would be a possibility as well.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Need help ID 4* in SF-USE ($92) and USW ($84)

4/3/10 thru 4/10/10

USE Amenities: Fitness Center, Restaurant, Business Center & HS Internet

USW Amenities: Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center & HS Internet

Also, my two sons are planning on joining us from 4/6-4/8. If I choose USE or USW for the 4/3-4/10, what are the chances I'll be able to get the same hotel for 4/6-4/8?

Happy (early) Anniversary. :)

The USW would be a possible match for the Nikko or Hilton. The USE would be a possible match for the Grand Hyatt, Palomar, Parc 55 or Westin Market Street - without a tripadvisor rating showing on the detail page, it's difficult to narrow down that list. I'm seeing what appears to be a different USE listing for 4/6-8, but what looks to be potentially the same USW listing. Trying to bid for one property on PRICELINE for 4/3-10 and then trying to bid again for the same star rating/zone for 4/6-8 could definitely lead to a different hotel.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

There is no way to guarantee the same hotel, but you may want to try the following:

Search HOTWIRE for one room 4/3-4/10 and note the hotels which seem like possibilities based upon price, zone, star rating, etc. Then do a second search for 2 rooms for 4/6-4/8... compare these offerings to see if anything matches your previous one room search for 4/3-4/10.

The risk of just searching for one room for each set of dates is that only one room is available, so after you make either purchase, the same hotel does not show for the remaining nites. By searching for 2ROOMS for 4/6-4/8 you can minimize this possibilty... since at least 2 rooms are presumed to be available, the offering won't disappear once you make the first purchase and take one of the rooms out of inventory.

As well, since many hotels in this area look alike, you want to use all information that HOTWIRE shows to make sure you're seeing the same hotel on each search.

Does the above make sense? Let us know what you find and we'll take it from there.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]