Priceline Hotel: Tactics help please 2 rooms for 12 nights

cynbaz
By cynbaz,
in

Can anybody please help with the best tactics to get 2 resort rooms at Waikiki for 12 nights from 8th April 2010? We are a family of 4 and would like a room for 2 adults and another for our 2 children aged 12 and 14. Or does anyone know if the double beds would accomodate my 6 ft 2' husband and myself. This is not the preferred option as we are going for our 20th anniversary but are including the kids. Would it be possible to put in a request directly with the resort (once it is known) to have rooms near to each other or would this be unacceptable due to purchase on Priceline? Thanks in anticipation

Welcome to Betterbidding and Happy (early) Anniversary! :)

While requesting adjoining rooms is not a major request (like asking for an upgrade), but unfortunately, there is no way to guarantee that via PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, and is up to the hotel.

In terms of beds, there would be no guarantee as to exactly which kind of bed you would get, although if you searched for 1 room on HOTWIRE for 4 people (2/2), two doubles is probably a likely outcome. However, with PRICELINE, two beds in the room is not guaranteed. Personally, I'm about the same height and am fine with a double bed, but some are not - it really just depends on the person, it seems.

Rates seem fairly reasonable on these dates (as the area goes), but it would depend on your desired budget, star rating and which zones you would be interested in, as well as if you would want one room w/2 beds (then HOTWIRE would be recommended) or two rooms which may have one bed (then PRICELINE.) Let us know more about what you are looking for and then we can proceed with further suggestions.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchase.

I am looking at spending around $100 per room per night and would prefer to be in the Waikiki beach area. Is this being unrealistic? I noticed there have been results $82 - $89 per night. This is generally for short stays. Am I likely to pay a higher rate as it is for 12 nights? My kids will share a bed if they have to so that part doesn't really worry me. Thanks

Rates for these dates aren't too high and I think you have a 'good' chance at under $100/nite per room... have you tried bidding this stay yet? (or would you like help with a suggested bidding strategy?)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm assuming you're bidding the Resort class star level, and if so, you have FIVE re-bid zones when bidding for Resorts in the Waikiki Beach zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select Resort Waikiki Beach...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $89, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $92, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your bidding.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, I am still bidding and have worked out the zones - thanks for that. Another question when I select my area (beach zone) the 4* option disappears (the resorts flag is still available) does this mean I am unlikely to get a resort? Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated as i am waiting 24 hours for another bud!

The lack of available 4* bidding means nothing in respect to your Resort level bidding... it simply means that PRICELINE does not have offer 4* hotels in this zone.

Have you bid up to $100 already?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (and please remember to not use the links in any emails PRICELINE sends out)

I am currently sitting at $95 with still no go. I have to wait another 24 hours. (I've also been monitoring the exchange rate as I am an Aussie). My hubby has suggested that we could stay for a week at a resort and maybe a 4* in the Marina area. Do you think the reduced days would perhaps improve our chances? We could then try for both ends of the holiday. The max I can go to is $100 plus taxes per room per night.

I would first try the extra $5 and bid up to your maximum... HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in the Waikiki Beach zone for $119/nite, so i suspect you're likely not too far off and the extra $5 may just do it.

Let us know how it goes and we'll move forward after your next round of bidding.

Using the same bidding strategy:

Select Resort Waikiki Beach...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $89, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $92, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

...i would try the following date combinations:

4/8-4/20 (if bidding w/n 24 hours of last rejected bid ignore this one since alread tried)

4/9-4/20

4/8-4/19

4/10-4/20

4/8-4/18

4/11-4/20

4/8-4/17

4/12-4/20

4/8-4/16

4/13-4/20

4/8-4/15

4/14-4/20

4/8-4/14

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thanks for all your assistance - I have decided that I was becoming a bit obsessed with Priceline bidding and I have now hired a 2 bedroom condo at Waikiki Sunset for the time as it all got a bit too hard. I think this forum is terrific and keep up the great work.

Happy to be of help, and thank you for letting us know what you decided. If you can cancel this reservation and re-book using Orbitz.com, the coupon code FABSAVE10 works for 10% off per night for this property during these dates - which would add up to quite a nice savings.

Please use the site's Orbitz.com link if this idea is of interest.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]