EasyClickTravel... Easy Search Tool

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

We're happy to unveil our first tool of the New Year... Easy Search for Easy Click!

EASYCLICKTRAVEL has some excellent deals to offer (not all of them are great, but certain properties represent great deals, even more so during times of tight Priceline/Hotwire availability).

We have set up a new page, EasyClickTravel Easy Search, which is divided into three sections:

1) Off The Record Deals: this is ECT's opaque product. We have done our best to identify the hotels and have given our belief as to the identity of each property. As you are still buying an opaque product, we recommend you read the descriptions so that you are comfortalbe, and agree, with what we believe the hotel to be.

2) Search by City: allows you to see all hotels for your specific dates

3) Search by Hotel: we have listed all the "non-opaque" hotels in a drop-down list so that it is easy to find the specific hotel you want and check availability

Few additional notes about EasyClickTravel:

If you get a message No Hotel Information Available then EasyClickTravel does not currently have a contract with this property for the current timeframe (i believe their contracts with hotels run quarterly or so)

Hotels will show prices as "Available" or "On Request"....

Available: hotel can be purchased immediately

On Request: the hotel has sold their allotment for this nite, but you can request the reservation and they will contact the hotel to see if they can get additional rooms at their contract price. Results of On Request deals coming thru has been good during average/somewhat peak demand, but not so good during ultra-peak and special events (ie- don't expect them to come thru for you superbowl weekend for a hotel near the stadium). For On Request deals, EasyClickTravel will get back to you within 48 hours as to whether or not they were able to get you the room.

Currently, for most hotels their cancellation policy is 72 hours before check-in date, while for Disney properties i believe it's 5 days before check-in date.

I think that covers it... hope you all enjoy (and can benefit from) the new tool.

PS- special thanks to my wife who was very patient and understanding while i worked on this :)

EDIT: we have now also released the EasyClickTravel Reverse Look-up Tool

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

FYI - I couldn't find any terms on their website, so I called their customer service number listed on their home page, and after less than 1 minute on hold, here's what I was told.

All rates are pre-pay. For Available hotels, your card is charged when you book. For On Request, your card is charged once the hotel confirms.

All rates, including at Off The Record hotels (!), are fully refundable up to 72 hours prior to check-in. From 72 to 24 hours prior, there is a one night penalty, and within 24 hours, there is no refund.

You have to wonder about a company that offers a fully-refundable opaque product, but it's sure a good deal (unless the agent gave me bad info, of course).

BTW, your new search page is pretty sweet.

I was trying to check out the site, but when I enter some data and "click," the new box appears for a second and disappears. I'm assuming it has something to do with my security setup, although a clicked on my google toolbar to allow popups on better bidding. Could possibly be related to a blocked link (I use programs like spybot to get rid of some adware), but that seems somewhat unlikely.

Any ideas?

Lonestar, if you have AOL or Yahoo Messenger contact my thru the links under this post and we'll try a few things in "real time" (it'll be easier than sending emails/PM's back and forth). I have a few ideas, but it'll be easier to get to the bottom of it in 'real time' (if i'm unavailable i'll reply when i'm available and we'll work it out at a convenient time).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The "Off the record" hotel in Tucson for $199/night 2/26/05-2/27/05 looks like the Hilton El Conquistador. The description matches from their website and what I know from staying there. Just thought you might want to add it to the list. Thanks again for hosting this board!

Rick

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]