Hotwire Hotel: Midtown East 3* 04/08-04/14

angelica
By angelica,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The HOTWIRE hotel you describe is an exact match for the Murray Hill Suites. I have posted pictures of the outside of this property and the lobby, at RealHotelPhotos.com. You can read out user REVIEWS of this property and others HERE.

If you decide to take this please use the HOTWIRE link above. If not, let us know how we can be of more help and whatever you end up doing for this stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've never stayed there personally but have seen the outside and the lobby. I know of at last one board member that seeks out this property for his/her stays, but i think a lot of your happiness here will depend upon what you seek in a hotel stay.

It is an apartment building turned into a hotel, so the lobby is small and the best way i can describe check-in is thru a glass window as if you're at a doctor's office, so it doesn't have that "hotel feel" to it, but the rooms are apparently big by NYC standards and people seem to like it (based upon the reviews above... did you read both links?). Also, since the hotel is a converted apartment building, it's on a tree lined street and has a somewhat residential feel to the neighborhood.

Let us know if you decide to BOOK IT and if not, what it is you're looking for in a hotel and we can try to be of further assistance in finding a property that suits your needs.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Yes I had a look at the reviews and they were quite promising. In general, I would like to have a room for two persons (one bed) in the Midtown East or South area. The only requirement for the hotel/room is that it's clean, it's located in a good neighborhood (not too lively) and that a private bath is included. I would also appreciate if the hotel isn't as massive as for instance Hotel Pennsylvania is. I've heard good things (on the Internet) about hotel 17/31 and I'm looking to know if there are other similar places.

The price is of course also an important factor, I'm willing to pay up to $120/night.

I hope the requirements above are not too demanding and as a first-timer in NY I really appreciate all the help.

Thanks

-Angelica

If you're looking for a hotel in a quiet neighborhood this certainly fits the bill as it's on a somewhat quiet side street. As i said, i have never stayed here, but i know the area and the above reviews are promising. The only thing i know of negatively is that it's not very "hotel-y"... for instance, i don't know if there are bellman to help with your luggage, no concierge (unless the front desk does double duty), nobody to call around for dinner reservations for you, no lobby to sit and hang-out in, nor other similar things associated with a 'full-service' hotel. However, apparently if your the type that is an "independent traveler" (ie- does research beforehand, avoids typical touristy things that a concierge will likely you point you in the direction of, can carry your own luggage to your room, etc) than this may very well be a good spot for you.

It looks more like a hostel that i saw in London, but obviously the reviews imply it's much more (and better) than that.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]