Hotwire Hotel: 3* DC (White House - Capitol Hill) for $66

Corky71
By Corky71,
in

This hotel is listed on Hotwire is a 3* by the White House - Capitol Hill for $66/per night for 5/23 to 5/28.

Amenities: Boutique, Fitness, Restaurant, and Business Center.

It is a SUPER GREAT price, but I am afraid of being stuck in a SUPER CRAPPY hotel.

It almost looks like either the Phoenix on The George, but the amenities are not correct.

Anyone have any idea?

Thank you

Corky71

The property above has not yet been reported to the board or identified. However, I don't think it's either the Phoeniz Plaza or the Hotel George, as each of those have a different Tripadvisor rating than the HOTWIRE property above (which is showing 3.0/5.0... which is a fairly 'marginal' TA rating)

You could see if this hotel appears for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain', if you're happy with the results proceed to purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay. However, i'll add that if quality is a primary concern, i'd probably look further as the TA rating is not re-assuring, imo.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Wife said no, for now. We will keep our eyes on the list and see if it gets id from someone else. Plus she is hoping to be South of the Mall. I think she has her eye on the L'Enfant Plaza Hotel. I want a good rate for a nice hotel, nothing worse than spending a week in a crappy hotel IMHO. I will use the HOTWIRE link when I decide. Thank you.

Thank you.

Corky71

• 4 weeks later...

We can get the following two hotels for our May trip by White House/Capitol Hill:

Hyatt Regency 4 stars - $156/night

Willard Intercontinental - 4.5 stars - $289/night

We like the Hyatt price, but worry the location could not be best. We like the Willard for location but not the price.

Our other alternative is South of the Mall with the Holiday Inn at $174/night 2.5 stars.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Peter

The Hyatt certainly seems like the best deal of those options. The location is not bad--near the capitol, near Union Station, and near two metro stops. For the money you'd save you could pay for a lot of cab fares.... but I'm sure the Willard is the nicest option if you are willing to pay that much.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you please add a reply to this thread indicating if you booked direct or if this was a PRICELINE / HOTWIRE purchase? (if priceline or hotwire, please incldue star rating, zone, room rate, and dates of your stay... and if hotwire include the amenities shown before your purchase, which you can still view by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]