Priceline Hotel: 3* Los Angeles (Culver City) Radisson Westside

Annabella
By Annabella,
in

Good afternoon. :)

There is no strategy to get a particular property on PRICELINE or improve one's chances of getting a particular hotel - it is a "roll of the dice" and one has to be willing to accept any of the potential hotels when making a bid. There is no way to guarantee free parking, but in terms of a kitchenette, I would suggest looking on HOTWIRE to see if any hotels in the desired area are showing a kitchenette icon.

While this would be a longer stay, a longer stay is not as much an issue in this area as it may be in a place like NYC.

If you are willing to accept a different hotel and do not mind possibly not getting free parking or a kitchen, let us know and we will be happy to suggest a PRICELINE strategy. Otherwise, I would suggest looking on HOTWIRE, and we would be happy to help with trying to ID a HOTWIRE listing if one matches your needs.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links.

Thanks AaronJB.

yeah, I'd like a Priceline strategy, I have looked already on HOTWIRE, and no, haven't found hotels with kitchenette on HOTWIRE. My best bet is Residence Inn now.

I tried this today:

$42 Redondo Manhattan Beaches

$43 + Lawdale

$44 + Beverly Hills West Hollywood

$46 + Hollywood

3* and above

I also tried changing my dates (I don't know if it works as free rebid, I don't think so), from Jan 25 to Jan 31, to Jan 29, 28, and Jan 27, I mean I tried bidding 7 to 2 days.

I always get the message: " We're sorry, but we can't accept your offer of $46 for a hotel room in the Los Angeles - Central L.A. area. Your credit card has not been charged for Request Number"

and well, I don't want to increase my offer way too much for Manhattan Beach, otherwise I'll try other areas.

What other areas could be "safe" for bids under $50? If none, when can I start again? 24hs from now or tomorrow morning?

Many thanks in advance.

If free parking and breakfast are important, Annabella, how about trying for 2.5*? The higher you bid for 3* the more you risk upgrade to 3.5*.

The reported 2.5*'s have free parking and breakfast: Best Western Sunrise, Hawthorn Suites, Springhill Suites. I don't know about kitchens.

If you bid 2.5* Lawndale is your only free rebid zone. Adding Hollywood or BH/WH there's some risk you could win a hotel there.

It's also possible the ResInn doesn't give PRICELINE inventory four weeks in advance and you're bidding too early.

Thanks for your reply, Colfax.

I'm coming back to report the results.

Well, I'm not happy at all. Yeah, you are correct, I think that the Marriott Residence Inn doesn't give Priceline inventory four weeks in advance, I didn't get this hotel for my desired dates, rebidding and increasing the offer didn't work at all. Changing the lenght of my stay didn't change that either.

I was quite anxious, I should have waited.

My bidding zones were the aforementioned. Finally I added "Culver City" (to the previous zones), thinking it was going to work as a free rebid zone, and instantly "won" the...Radisson Westside for $52/night plus taxes. :)

This is really an unwanted hotel, I've got to read mixed reviews, I don't care about amenities such as shuttle from/to LAX, the pool, the pet friendly hotel (I'm not travelling with pets) and other amenities. Even worse, this hotel charges for parking ($14 to $19 for what I read), it's a non smoke free hotel and noisy hotel (close to the highway). Not my type of hotel at all. I got it for the whole week, my fault. Yeah, I know, it is a "roll of the dice", but some hotels and bids are better than others. I'm still happy with Priceline and betterbiding.com is a helpful site, all in all you save money.

And about the hotel, I really wish I am mistaken, and hopefully it is better than what it looks like. I'm writing a review after my 7 days stay at the Radisson Westside! So wish me luck!

Best wishes.

Anabella.

Sorry to hear you're not happy with the results... but PRICELINE bidding can often require a bit of discipline.

For future reference here is the correct way to determine your re-bid zones: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained. Feel free to ask any questions you may have and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board in the future before bidding.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Hope your stay goes better than you expect.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ouch, Annabella.

I don't know how bad you want to stay in Manhattan/Redondo but sometimes Priceline allows a "one time exception" for bidding mistakes and lets you bid again in your desired zone, for a $25/day change fee. You'll be paying about $25/day for parking and breakfast at the Radisson, so it would be a fair trade IF you win another hotel in MB with free parking and breakfast. But an upgrade to 3.5* is always possible.

Otherwise I hope the Radisson's better than you're expecting and I look forward to seeing your review.

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]