Priceline Hotel: 3* Ft Lauderdale (West-Plantation) Hyatt Place Plantation

JoeSchmoe
By JoeSchmoe,
in

We are also looking for a room either in the Ft. Lauderdale Downtown or Beach area. I have tried the last two days for a 4* for the date of February 27, 2010 - one night.

The first bid was at $50, then added the Miramar area again at 4* and raised it to $55.

Today I tried the same process even starting at 3 1/2* and $60 with no luck.

We really want to score eith the Renaissance or the Hilton but will take any of the 4* in the Beach area.

Any suggestions other than the obvious of raising the amount?

If that is the right thing to do, how high should I now start?

grego

Please start a new topic for your own stay.

JoeSchmoe

Based on the dates you posted. I would guess $80-$90, bid in $2 steps. But there's nothing that guarantee that you will get Diplomat.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

Sorry. I thought because he was asking for dates around the same time I was that the information you could provide would be relevant in light of the timing. Is it possible that the $80 - $90 is the correct amount for that category hotel in that area around that time?

• 2 weeks later...

Prime time is on weekends, around holidays, and during spring break weeks.

Spring break season is a little different every year.

Try entering your dates in a standard booking site and see what the rates are. compare them to rates on other weeks, or on other days of the same week. That will tell you if you are hitting prime days or prime weeks.

• 1 month later...

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like a very nice deal for this property... especially with the included breakfast this chain provides.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]