Priceline Hotel: Looking for 3* and up hotel in Boston

pmenon
By pmenon,
in

Hi everyone,

I will have a couple of days in Boston after the MLK long weekend in January, so ideally from January 18-20. I've never been to Boston before, so in terms of location, I would like to be as 'centrally' situated as possible.

Looking at the Priceline map, maybe the Quincy Market-Fanieul Hall-Financial area is a good start ? Always open to suggestions on location though, as well as the all important question: whats a decent starting bid price for the quality and time of year I'm after ?

Thanks in advance !

Besides the Quincy Market zone, you may also want to consider the Copley Square-Theatre District zone.

Are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel OR is you goal the least expensive 3* or better for this stay? So any strategy we suggest doesnt' go higher than you're willing to spend, what is your maximum bid for this stay?

Let us know the above, and if you only want to bid the Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall/Financial zone OR if you'd also like to include Copley Square/Theatre District, and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply. I wouldnt mind getting a 4*, but it really depends on the price. Im not sure whether Boston hotels are expensive in general, and Ive only used Priceline once before to book a NYC hotel.

The room will be for 2, so if I could get by spending $100, that would be great.

Thankfully, this appears to be a less expensive period in Boston. HOTWIRE has a 4* in the Quincy Market/Theatre District zone with the icons: boutique, fitness, business, restaurant and internet for $99. That would be a possible match for the Ames. If it is, it may be nice to try out a new, fresh property (the Ames only opened last month.)

Please use the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links.

pmenon,

Does the above HOTWIRE property work for your needs?

If you still want to bid, do you want to try for a 4* hotel first? If so, up to what bid amount? Which zone(s)?

Let us know if you decide to go for the HOTWIRE hotel above or how you would like to proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I believe the Ames is currently showing (on my search) for $109/nite in the Quincy Market-Financial zone with the following amenities:

Boutique, Fitness, Restaurant, Internet, Spa

Is this still within your budget?

That has been the only hotel in that zone at that star rating reported with those amenities. While there could always be an "unknown/unreported" possibility, that is the only possibility in terms of what has been reported.

Re-doing my search for the following dates: January 18-22 (check in on 18, check out on 22), for 1 room for 2 people.

I see a hotel show up for $103 a night, in the Quincy Market-Financial District, with the following amenities: boutique, gym, spa, internet and restaurant.

Still sound like the Ames, right ?

Thanks !

Unfortunately, there's no way to know. There is still a 4* showing for $103 in the Quincy Market-Financial zone for these dates, and a 3.5* for $95.

What are your parking needs? Sunday is free all day on street and so is MLK day. It may be worth it to park at the hotel - probably lots of $ on Saturday - even there are underground parking lots that charge, i believe $9 for all day Sat parking and do free street parking on Sunday and Monday.

Unfortunately, the 4* has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board. It may be the Hilton Financial District w/o the previously reported smoke-free icon, but it could also be a different property, as well.

Another idea would be the Onyx, which is a 4* Kimpton boutique property in the financial district that is on sale via Orbitz.com for $127.50. Coupon code WELCOME10 takes another 10% off = $114.75 per night. This property would also offer a wine reception at night.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE, PRICELINE or Orbitz.com links to start your purchase.

Thanks for that, it looks like a very good hotel as well. Do you think it would make a difference if I contacted the Ames directly to inquire about their Hotwire rate, and to see if they may offer it again ?

Alternatively, would it be possible to get a 4* for cheaper than the $114 through Priceline ? Im not sure whether MLK weekend is an expensive time in Boston or not, but why pay more when you dont have to, right ? :)

The hotel will not likely give you any information regarding their HOTWIRE rate (and the front desk likely won't know the rate unless for a specific reservation which has been purchased)

PRICELINE is usually a little cheaper than HOTWIRE, but no ability to take a guess as to the hotel you may receive.

Let us know how how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]