Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 3* hotel in Florence, Italy

AlexXV
By AlexXV,
in

Hi,

I'm looking for a hotel for my parents in Florence, Italy, for 2 nights, from the 8th to 10th of May.

On Hotwire I see the following :

- 3* hotel

- $80/night

- no amenities listed

- 3,5 Tripadvisor rating

Kind of hard to narrow it down...

Does anybody have any clue whatsoever?

Thanks!

There have been no 3* hotels reported to the board with no amenities shown by HOTWIRE, so without any additional info i don't think we'll be able to provide much insight into this one. However, i will 'caution' that European star ratings are often a bit more 'generous' than here in the States, and i wouldn't expect much more than basic accomodations from a 3* European hotel (i would generally expect the equivalent of what i would consdier a 2* property here in the United States)

Let us know whatever you end up doing for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hilton just released there January sale that might help in Italy. Prepaid rates with breakfast included. Can earn frequent flyer and Hhonors points and offers.

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/promotions/HI_...tional,Featured

There is a new Hilton Garden Inn outside Florence with easy bus connection that gets good trip advisor reviews that you can get for around 70 euros.

• 2 weeks later...

80 dollars in Florence is a bargain. I would also not recommend a stay outside the city center. It is much nicer to walk back than taking a bus or taxi.

Experienced Europe traveler- 8 trips in the last few years.

If you were to get another bid with amenities listed the 3 stars that have come up previously the diplomat and especially the residenza are nice.

But as these both have amenities listed it appears that it is not one of those. The map of "florence" on the hotwire site is miles across not just the city center where most people want to stay. I would look at all the str levels until you got one with a uniquque signature of amenities making it more likely to get a better located hotel. RR

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]