Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Quincy Market-Faneuil Hall-Financial) Hyatt Regency

cruisn76
By cruisn76,
in

Hey everyone, I am new to the site but have heard many good things about saving money. I do have some questions for anyone that can answer them:

Info: Need to book from Dec 26 - 30 2009, 4 Star Hotel in Quincy Market in Boston, MA

1) I will try bidding through priceline (I will use the LINK provided through the BetterBidding)

2) I have checked the 4 star hotels in the Quincy Market and all that seems to show up is the Hyatt Regency, so does that rule out any other hotels in the priceline list?

3) If I put a bid in (I will start at $60 based on other members around that date) and it gets rejected what will happen? Do I get to bid again?

4) How can I choose my room type? I want a King Bed. Will the $20 dollar bill trick work at check-in?

I think that is all for now. If anyone has any important info please feel free to teach me.

Thanks again in advance

Welcome to Betterbidding! :)

1. Thank you for using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links, it is greatly appreciated.

2. Betterbidding offers a Priceline Hotel List for the area. It is best to not go off of PRICELINE's retail section to determine what hotels can appear. The linked list has a set of what has been reported to the board for each area.

3. Are you only interested in the Quincy Market area, or are any other areas acceptable? If you bid and the bid is not accepted, you can make a different bid right away, but you cannot make the same bid for 24 hours. Additionally, there is also the option of using Priceline Rebidding, which is explained in detail at that link. Please let us know if you need further clarification.

4. You cannot request a room type via PRICELINE. That is one of the trade-offs for the discounted rate. I wouldn't recommend the $20 "trick" - I would just call the hotel politely and ask if a king room is available. The hotel may or may not honor the request, as this would be a PRICELINE reservation.

Welcome to Betterbidding! :)

1. Thank you for using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links, it is greatly appreciated.

2. Betterbidding offers a Priceline Hotel List for the area. It is best to not go off of PRICELINE's retail section to determine what hotels can appear. The linked list has a set of what has been reported to the board for each area.

3. Are you only interested in the Quincy Market area, or are any other areas acceptable? If you bid and the bid is not accepted, you can make a different bid right away, but you cannot make the same bid for 24 hours. Additionally, there is also the option of using Priceline Rebidding, which is explained in detail at that link. Please let us know if you need further clarification.

4. You cannot request a room type via PRICELINE. That is one of the trade-offs for the discounted rate. I wouldn't recommend the $20 "trick" - I would just call the hotel politely and ask if a king room is available. The hotel may or may not honor the request, as this would be a PRICELINE reservation.

Awesome for the quick reply. #1 Yea I read somewhere about retail pricing. I am actually basing the bid price on this forum section. #4 I was afraid of that. I will look into the rebidding process.

Thanks again

Well, I took the dip and got a good price for Dec 26 2009 through to Dec 30 2009 @ $65 a night.

I called Hyatt Regency right away (literally 1 min after confirmation) and to my surprise it was in their system. Requested for a KING bed. Hope I get it *cross fingers*

Also, they did say they are almost to capacity so I am very surprised to get this price.

Good Luck and Thanks for those that helped!

EDIT: and yes I did use the PRICELINE link.

• 1 month later...

Yes I did get that King Bed and requested for a room with a view and was given that at the time of check-in

I also tried to get an upgrade but that didn't work and I got the feeling that customers with Priceline reservations were not given anything ie upgrades, breakfast etc...

All in all a great place to stay especially for transit and right next to chinatown (late night snacking)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]