Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) Grand Hyatt

ziggy
By ziggy,
in

I've used Priceline before but this is the first time posting.

I'm planning a trip to NY, Feb 25th -Feb 28th. I can book the Red roof Inn for $109, but if I could get a similar price I would prefer a 3* or 4*. Is it too soon to bid? Do you think the prices might go down near the end of Feb? I'm not too picky about location.

I'm assuming a bid about $110 (which would be a bit more than $109 since a Pricleline bid would also involve their fee) would be ok since you mention "similar price". If not, report back to us and i'l adjust the prices below to suit your needs. You only have one re-bid zone available at the 3* level, if you're not sure which one please post and ask for help (or just confirm your re-bid zone with the board if you want to make sure):

OK, here's a somewhat complex strategy that will take you a little time to go thru and bid, but this is what i would do if i were bidding (if you don't have the time to bid this or want a quicker strategy let us know and i'll give you the shorter version, but this is designed to try to maximize your savings)

Select:

MTW bid $75, if rejeced close broswer and re-access Priceline however you did previously.

UM bid $75, if rejeced close broswer and re-access Priceline however you did previously.

MTE bid $75, if rejeced close broswer and re-access Priceline however you did previously.

MTS bid $75, if rejeced close broswer and re-access Priceline however you did previously.

(with the above you should only be bidding one zone each time)

MTW and UM bid $80, if rejected close browser

MTE and MTS bid $80, if rejected close browser

MTE and MTW bid $85, if rejected close browser

MTS and UM bid $85, if rejected close browser

MTE and UM bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone and bid $95, if rejected close browser

MTS and MTW bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone and bid $95, if rejected close browser

MTE and MTW and UM bid $100, if rejected close browser

MTE and MTW and MTS bid $100, if rejected close broswer

MTW and MTS and UM bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone and bid $110.

If i typed everything above correctly, and you follow it correctly, none of those bids should be viewed as duplicates.

Other options if you dont' want to go thru the above or want to know the specific hotel....

Thirty Thirty Hotel for $109/nite

Beekman Tower (1BR Suite) for $119/nite

Millenium UN Plaza for $129/nite (a 4* hotel not too far from your price range, if you wanted the option)

Although nobody knows if prices will go up or down between now and then, I think any of the deals mentioned above (Priceline if successful or the individual hotels) would represent a good deal and i don't see much benefit in waiting.

Let us know if we can be of further help and what you ultimately end up doing for this stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Haven't started bidding yet. For a 3 night stay in New York, I'm wondering if I have a better chance at getting a Fri, Sat, Sun or Sat, Sun and Mon nights stay. From your experience do you think one would get better rates than the other, or would the difference be negligible?

One nite can make the difference between acceptance and rejection, so at times it can be negligible and at other times meaningful.

Pick the 3 nite that work best for you and follow the above strategy... if no success, then try the other 3 nites (not treated as a duplicate bid since you're bidding for different dates).

Theoretically you could place each bid below for one set of dates, then try the same bid and zones for the other set of dates, then back and forth, back and forth... but this would take a very long time (at least i wouldn't do it :) ) and likely get confusing.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My dates are 02/26 to 03/01.

Started bidding for 4*'s only, at $75 kept adding re-bid zones, went up to $120 with no luck. Will try again in a few days.

Decided not to bid in MTE, don't want to chance the UN Mill too far east for a February visit. My limit is $140. Do i have any chance at a 4* in MTW, UM, MTS?

Will keep you posted.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]