Hotwire Hotel: Hotwire - Big Island - Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel?

bestroope
By bestroope,
in

Hi all,

Last year I stayed at the Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel on the Big Island, and I absolutely loved it! There is currently a listing on Hotwire that looks like it might be the HBPH, but the amenities are different from those in the Better Bidding Hotwire Hotel list. Any thoughts?

Current Hotwire listing

4 1/2* Waikoloa- Kohola Coast

3/6/2010 - 3/13/2010 (and many other dates) $183

Beachfront

Smoke free rooms

Fitness center

Pools

Restaurants

Business center

High-speed internet access

Golf nearby

I wonder if the "beachfront" amenity is the key here. The hotels, resorts, and condos on the Kohola coast mostly seemed to be "ocean front" by Hotwires definition rather than "beachfront."

Opinions are much appreciated! And, thanks again for such a cool site.

This property unfortunately has not yet been reported to the board/ID'd.

This would not appear to be the Hapuna Beach Prince, as the tripadvisor rating showing on the detail page does not match.

However, if you are interested in Hapuna Beach Prince, there is a Stay 2 Nights, Get 1 Free deal (so you would get 2 nights free) via Orbitz, with the average price working out to be $213.56 (it's otherwise $298.99 per night.)

With the coupon code WELCOME10 taking another 10% off, that takes it down to $192 and change per night, only a couple of dollars more than the HOTWIRE listing.

Please use the site's Orbitz.com, HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links.

If you return to HOTWIRE and click the CONTINUE button next to this offering, then click the "See all amenities" link under the icons, do you then seen additional amenities of Tennis and Childrens Activities?

This property has not yet been reported to the board, but if i were to take a guess i think the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel looks like a good match.

If you're looking for the Hapuna Beach Prince the Orbitz deal referenced above (nice find AaronJB!!) looks like a good option.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (or our Orbitz link)

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just booked this hotel too. It was the Mauna Lani.

kvdb,

Can you please add your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC, including the room rate, dates of your stay, and amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view all of this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Also, please follow-up your previous Hotwire South Beach with and update or decision as to what you decided to do for that stay.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thank you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can you please add a reply to your Hotwire Monterey thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay. (even if you didn't book via PRICELINE or HOTWIRE and/or cancelled the trip or booked a hotel direct)

If you need help with your own Hawaii trip please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]