Hotwire Hotel: 4* Newark (Hoboken-Jersey City) Westin

ivy
By ivy,
in

I intend to bid for a 4star at jersey city between Dec24 and Dec28. I notice that for area jersey city, there are only two 4star hotel:

Westin Jersey City and Hyatt Regency on the Hudson.

And I also notice that recent winning bid includes 104$ for Westin, and I have tried up to 85$, then how can I bid for Hyatt Regency instead of Westin?

Because I think if I bid 100+, Westin will take it first maybe?

Thanks for advices

I notice that for area jersey city, there are only two 4star hotel...

See the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List:

This list is NOT a complete list of all hotels that Priceline offers in this area, it is ONLY a compilation of hotels that have already been reported on this forum. Hotels are added/removed by Priceline all the time, and star ratings can change at ANY time.

In light of the above, you MAY get a hotel that is NOT on this list, or get a hotel on this list but at a star level you didn't expect (if the star rating has changed).

Besides the Hyatt and Westin, note that the W Hoboken is also a 4* hotel located in this zone.

Your hypothesis that you're bidding for the Hyatt is not correct... you could just as easily been accepted at the Westin for any of your previous bids.

Are you willing to accept any 4* hotel in this zone?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have already tried price until 85$, so it seems that I have to hit 105 or so to get the 4* ?
Likely the 'right' number is somewhere between $85-$105.
With this price, is there anyway to get 3*or + within Manhattan?
At or under $100 in NYC is possible, but i would also say it's not very likely.... but if this is what you want then you should at least try bidding as you have nothing to lose.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hotel

Hotel rate per night - Hotwire hot Rate: $104.00

Nights:4

Rooms:2

Subtotal:$832.00

Tax recovery charges and fees:$111.27

Total price:$943.27

If u search for one room, the rate is 109 or 117, I am quite sure it is the same one when it shows 109.

The amenity:

Fitness Center Pool(s) Restaurant(s)

Business Center High-speed Internet Access

Booking through your HOTWIRE link.

Congratulations on your success!

An excellent alternative to staying in Manhattan when budget is a factor! Hope you're happy with the results and this works well for your plans.

If you need any help with the immediate area feel free to ask.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Thanks for maintaining such a good website, I match 80% of the hotel listed by hotwire in ur pinned post. And I am thinking that I know what I am booking even though I paid a much lower price. That is very important especially in NYC area.

I recall that someone used to ask for dining information around the hotel and some administer made very insightful comments, maybe not this one but W hoboken. However I can not find it anymore. Could you suggest restaurants around the hotel?

As for transportation, I think ppl are talking about PATH. Is PATH running 24 hrs?

Thanks

Yes, PATH is 24/7 and about a quick walk from this hotel. Closest station is at Newport which is next to the Courtyard.

If you send me a PM let me know what type of food you like, budget, and how many people there are in your group and i'll offer a few suggestions. Also, i know Hoboken a little better, which is about a 5 minute ride on the light rail (or PATH) or can be walked in about 15 minutes via a new walkway that has opened... let me know if you'd be willing to make this trip as well so i'll know to include in my suggestions or not.

Two and basically open to all kinds of food. How about the restaurant at the Westin? < 40$ each person.

I would like to have the advices on W.

By the way, is there any way to view skyline from the guestroom in Westin? Or do they offer some upgrade option?

I believe some rooms at the Westin will have a "sliver" of a skyline view (ie- skyline viewable when looking between two buidlins on the Jersey side of the river) I would ask at check-in if there are any rooms in the hotel with the a view of the Skyline... if so you can then feel them out if you can get one or if an upgrade fee would be required.

I haven't eaten at the hotel restaurant, and you can certainly give it a try (it may be one of your few choices in the area on Christmas Day), but often there are better (local) choices in the area which offer better food/value, imo.

• 2 weeks later...

Valet parking is 28$

Self parking is 22$

There is free wireless serivce in the lobby and 9.98$ in the room.

Business center has free printing only for boarding pass. For other purposes, either surfing the internet or printing they charge a fee by 15minutes.

Hotel is under renovation, I think that's why it has a low price.

As mentioned by the administer, there is barely skyline view in any rooms except suites.

Hotel is under renovation, I think that's why it has a low price.

This hotel is less than a year old, has opened during a tough economy, and depends upon guests from the local financial companies, which is one of the hardest sectors of the market hit during the recent economic downturn, and i think that these are more likely explanations for the great prices we're seeing lately. Given the 'newness' of the hotel, what parts did you find to be under renovation?

on my floor about half of the rooms are under renovation, doors open, furniture removed, drilling from 8am to 8pm even on 25th Dec.

The receptionist told us that it is better to live on the lower floor while we live on 16th, and live in the room with smaller number like 502 504....

By the way, the rooms with even number are facing another construction site outside. I heard some complaints about noise when I check in but I am not bothered by the minor noise. Choosing the odd number will give you the view of BJ's and New port mall I believe.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]