LAS Las Vegas Fullsize Alamo

azdave1
By azdave1,
in

I won a full size car from Alamo at Las Vegas Airport for $20 a day plus taxes and fees which was a sweet deal. When I checked the car back in, I noticed that they charged me for the taxes and fees which I knew PRICELINE already collected. When I questioned them at the desk, the manager said "Well Priceline doesn't typically collect the taxes and fees so we have to on our end." I looked her square in the eye and responded, "Actually, Priceline ALWAYS collects the taxes and fees that you are due and I think you already know that. Please reverse the charges immediately." Without missing a beat, she went to her back office and came back out with a receipt reversing the charges.

Conclusion: I'm pretty sure this is a scam with some rental car agencies to double charge you for the taxes and fees to make up for the low price you are getting through Priceline. My advice is to present them with the PRICELINE receipt when you check in and highlight that you have already paid their required taxes and fees.

Thanks for sharing your results and experience with the board... glad you were easily able to resolve the situation.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the date(s) of your rental so we can add this information to the topic title and complete this post.

Please remember to share your results with the board as you receive them, and please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]