Priceline Hotel: 4* Bangkok (Riverside - Silom) Holiday Inn

Chris26WI
By Chris26WI,
in

What a desaster!! - I thought, I gave it another try after seeing the Holiday Inn on some sites as "sold out" for these dates (e.g. Expedia.com), and Marriott.com offers rates of 109$ for the Marriott resort available, but anyway not "sold out" on Holiday Inn... - So started with an incredibly high sum, namely 50$ for 4-star riverside/silom... - denied with a counteroffer of 14US$! Wow, I was enthusiastic - didn't expect the HI at that level... but what came out....: *crying*

Congratulations, you got your price of $64 for a 4-star hotel room.

Holiday Inn Silom

Riverside - Silom

981 Silom Road

Bangkok, Thailand

662-238-4300

Check-In Date: Saturday, January 15, 2005

Check-Out Date: Sunday, January 16, 2005

Your Offer Price: $64.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $64.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $18.97

Total Charges: $82.97

What a desaster!! :)

Holiday-inn.com says cheapest rate for this date 70$+17% tax :-(

Expedia is notorious for not showing true availability... you should never use them as a source for availability. For the best measure of occupancy levels you should only use the hotel's website.

At least it's only one nite, i guess even a sunny day has a few clouds.

Try to make the best of it.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris26WI,

Since the 5* PL price has gone up and difficult to get. I have used the Presidental Serviced Apartments (Grand, Royal, Solitaire, etc...) mostly of these are located around Sukhumvit area. The room rate starts from 2200 bahts (Royal Pres/exec studio/no abf/tax included). The room size are usually larger and some rooms are better than than Marriotts and Westin. You can check www.asiatravel.com for rates.

Yes, thanks.. so many possibilities... usually I intended to book the Sofitel Silom (around 60 USD a night

via several online booking sites) or the Chateau de Bangkok appartements.. but couldnt resist the Priceline thrill...

Well, anyway, the stay in the HI was still quite ok.. they upgraded me at least to a Crown Tower room -

though I am not really sure if this is really an upgrade, as the Plaza Tower rooms are the renovated ones. However, they still sell the Crown Tower rooms more expensive on their site.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]