Hotel Name: Hyatt Regency Milwaukee

333 West Kilbourne Ave

Milwaukee, WI 53203

Zone: Downtown Milwaukee

Your Offer Price: $45

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $45.00

Taxes $5.84 (14.6 tax rate indicates that PL paid **$40 ** for this room) :)

Processing Fee: $5.95

Total Lodging Charges: $56.79

Sunday June 22 (1 nights)

Actually, I needed Tuesday thru Sunday night- but couldn't get the full 6 days due to sold out condition on Saturday night-- So I broke it up - a tactic I used recently in Savannah (see post) -

Tues- Friday night- I got The Hilton at the same $45- so I thought the same bid for Sunday night would yield the Hilton again-- Oh well, the Hyatt is attached to the Midwest Express Center too (where we're attending the some of the gym. meet)-- so all is well.

I bit the bullet and paid $125 for Saturday night at the Hilton- thru the gymnastic group- Both PL and hotel websites showed Hilton and Hyatt sold-out for now(PL by virtue of "help-FAQ-extend your stay" option, which interestingly states +/- that "due to sold out condition at the Hilton/Hyatt, they could not secure a room", instead of the "could not find... willing to accept your measily low bid...." response)

Still- $350 +taxes and processing is better than the $750 from the "group sales" of the gymnastic organization for the six nights!! :o Not to mention doubling the actual tax dollars @ full price @14.6% !!

$350 + 51.10(tax) + 11.90 (two process fee) =$413.05

vs

$750 + 109.5 = $859.50

savings = $446.45 over what a bunch of parents will be paying that week!!

:)

Holy moley batman- if I wasn't such a cheapskate... I'd buy the winner of the meet a fancy dinner!!! (hope its my son-- he'd accept pizza) :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]