Hotwire Hotel: Help ID Houston Galleria hotels

redondoTouristAug09
By redondoTouristAug09,
in

Any ideas what these Houston Galleria hotels could be, for 1/22/10 - 1/24/10?

$73 4* pool, fitness, restaurant, business, internet

$53 3* fitness, pool, business, laundry

$49 2.5* pool, laundry, internet

$122 4.5* pool, fitness, restaurant, business, internet

$49 2* fitness, laundry, internet, kitchenette

Could the Omni or Intercontinental have been changed back to a 4.5*? I want the Omni, but $122 isn't any better than the cancellable group rate I already have there. And I'd be fine with another hotel that isn't too far away.

It can take a fair amount of time to ID hotels, rather than ask for every hotel offered in the zone, please start with those you're most seriously considering... are you looking for a sub-$50 2* hotel for this stay OR more interested in a 4.5* $125 hotel for this trip?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

On Monday 11/02/09 I booked a 4* hotel through Hotwire for 11/02/09 through 11/04/09. Amenities included pool, fitness center, business center and restaurant. From this site I had determined the hotel would be either the Omni, Hilton, or Intercontinental and got the Intercontinental for $ 65. Hotel is great, upscale, clean and very service-oriented.

I thought I was going to move to a hotel further north (Woodlands) for Thursday night, but a change of plans had me rebook one additional night in the Gallaria area - same 4* search, same price ($65. but total $81.29 with tax). I spoke with the hotel manager to see if they would match the rate so I could avoid moving over to the Omni or Hilton since I had paid for an additional upgrade on-site. No deal - he took the $249. price down to $156. + $30. upgrade for nearly a $200. total. No deal. I'd rather move, so I came back up to my room and rebooked through HOTWIRE for the additional night -- again got the Intercontinental. No move and still paying less $$$.

It can take a fair amount of time to ID hotels, rather than ask for every hotel offered in the zone, please start with those you're most seriously considering... are you looking for a sub-$50 2* hotel for this stay OR more interested in a 4.5* $125 hotel for this trip?

Well, I'll pay slightly more for a hotel if it's closer to the Omni, and the star rating matters a lot less to me than the price and location. And I figured it could only help other future travellers to identify hotels that aren't exact or unique matches to the hotels on betterbidding's Houston list.

As I said in my original post, I'm not going to spend $125, since that's about the same as my cancellable group rate for the Omni. But I would still like to know which of the hotels in this zone has been upgraded from 4 to 4.5 stars.

On Monday 11/02/09 I booked a 4* hotel through Hotwire for 11/02/09 through 11/04/09. Amenities included pool, fitness center, business center and restaurant. From this site I had determined the hotel would be either the Omni, Hilton, or Intercontinental and got the Intercontinental for $ 65.

rebooked through HOTWIRE for the additional night -- again got the Intercontinental.

Based on tjw's post, I'm guessing that the 4* is the Intercontinental, and the 4.5* is the Omni.

• 3 months later...

Concluding your threads helps keep the board better organized and more useful to others... certainly you can understand how a future user reading this thread would be more informed knowing that you canceled the trip, rather than left wondering if you won a hotel but didn't post the win, booked something directly, etc. As well, following-up your thread is a courtesy to those who took the time to help you with your travel plans.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]