Hotwire Hotel: 2* Auburn-Federal Way WA Dec 21 to Dec 22 $46

nuxsmaniac
By nuxsmaniac,
in

The use of our link wouldn't effect the hotel(s) offered by HOTWIRE, two likely scenarios which could explain the different hotels you're seeing on each search:

1) i'm seeing <no amenities> when searching for 2adults/0children and the hotel with the 4 amenities above when searching for 2adults/2children. The no amenity property may only be for double occupancy, and therefore not aappearing when you search for quad occupancy

2) if two hotels are similarly priced, HOTWIRE will rotate between the two offerings. If this is the case you could easily see one hotel on your first search and a different hotel on a second search, regardless of what link you use to begin your search

The amenities of the 2* hotel match those of the Holiday Inn Express, but that proerty has previously been reported at the 2.5* level. However, this proerty was only reported once, and back in 2005, so it's possible that the rating has changed since then. Two star would be a lower than usual rating for a Holiday Inn Express property, so i'm not that confident, but that would be the closest 'known' property that has been reported to the board.

Similarly, the Extended StayAmerica Federal Way has been reported wtih no amenities, but at the 2.5* level... but with no amenities showing, it could be just about anything.

I'll add that the prices of these hotels doesn't seem like that great of a bargain... hotels that could also be possible at the 2* level include the Days Inn, Travelodge, etc, all of which are similarly priced thru non-opaque channels such as Orbitz (used coupon code WELCOME10 or FABSAVE10 for 10% off) and Expedia (try coupn code NOV10 for $10 off).

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (or our Expedia or Orbitz links) if you decide to go that route.

Let us know whatever you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your help. If I am looking for a place for auburn-federal way with at least 2 bed, I can't seemed to find something with a better deal then the hotwire deal mentioned above. I just want to make sure we get 2 bed, internet and a half decent place for the nite and I don't mind paying a bit extra if the star level is higher then the 2 star stated....any other suggestion? thanks :)

In terms of HOTWIRE and two beds, one has to search for more than 2 staying in the room (for example, 2 adults/2 children) and PRICELINE does not guarantee two beds.

It's not entirely uncommon to see discounts in smaller markets like this be not as steep, as hotels may have a certain floor due to profit margins and other factors; with regular prices down at the $50-60 level, they may not be able to discount too heavily beyond that level. The Days Inn Federal Way, for example, is $54 reg. rate on Orbitz.com, and the Hilton Garden Inn Renton is $66 (the WELCOME10 coupon code takes 10% off the HGI.)

• 1 year later...

Thanks for closing this thread.

Please note from our support page that we're an affiliate of the Holiday Inn as well as most other major hotel chains and online booking agencies; please check for and use the links in the support page whenever possible.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]