Priceline Hotel: 3* Honolulu (Waikiki South) Waikiki Beachcomber

gmarie
By gmarie,
in

Wanted 3* south zone only so started at 65 rejected, upped to 70 accepted....seems to be the going rate for this hotel, lowest rate for Beachcomber on other sites was about $120 base.

Your Offer Price: $70.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $70.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$16.16

Total Charges: $86.16

• 1 month later...

:) I found out that my hotel has been downgraded to a 2 1/2* , my original bid was for a 3* and I have a copy of the printout which states so. Am I entitled to a refund, I wasn't sure I was so happy with this hotel anyway...so I suppose it's a chance to see what else I can get for the night. For me, a 2 1/2* isn't worth $70 (86 after taxes and fees).

I think you can certainly get another 3 star for $70, perhaps less. I'm sure you can in Waikiki North, but I'm not sure if it will be the Royal Garden, which not everyone likes. A seemingly better property, the Ohana East, is coming up as cheaper on priceline packages, but it is marked as a "sale." I don't know what they means for hotel-only guests -- without the "sale" the package price is less at the Royal Garden, so you could get that.

The Prince Kuhio is available on the South zone, but it may be slightly more than $70 for those nights. We had one disappointed bidder yesterday with similar packages pricing. It almost certainly would be less than $80, however.

well we got our refund for Waikiki Beachcomber, I was hoping they would just switch us to another 3* in the South zone but won't be that easy :) Now I get to start all over. I definitely don't want North zone, so maybe I can hope to get the Radisson Prince Kuhio. Any suggested bidding strategy? I guess it's safe to say I won't get the Beachcomber again since it's 2 1/2 now, and I think most of the 3* in South zone are safe..hopefully.

Glad it worked out for you, gmarie. I'm scratching my head a bit though trying to understand why fishbone was unsuccessful in his $70 bid yesterday for the Prince Kuhio. The package pricing for your day was virtually identical to fishbone's days (which was a few dollars more than on some other days where folks have been hit in the $60s). All I can say is we don't have it down to an EXACT science yet. :)

In fact, fishbone, if you're reading this, I'd start again at $68 when your 72 hours are up and see what happens.

And folks willing to take a chance on the "North" zone hotels might be able to get hit in the high $50s, low $60s, since the "packages" prices on these properties are lower than for the Prince Kuhio.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]