Priceline Hotel: Help for Mardi Gras

SaintTaris
By SaintTaris,
in

I'm looking to travel with another couple for their first Mardi Gras experience. I am originally from New Orleans and would like to stay at a down town hotel instead of staying with family as usual. Traditionally hotel prices are inflated during Mardi Gras and I would hate to pay $200 for a hotel I normally pay ~$70 a night for.

Any tips?

Traditionally hotel prices are inflated during Mardi Gras and I would hate to pay $200 for a hotel I normally pay ~$70 a night for.
Mardi Gras is not a "normal" time of year in New Orleans, so i don't think it's realistic to expect "normal" prices. Rates are a function of supply/demand, and with lots of guests coming to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, demand is up... and so are prices.
I would like to keep it at $100 per night per room or less per night. I need 2 rooms.
At the moment, based upon current rates, I don't think your budget is going to be realistic/successful. If you'd like to give it a try anyway, let us know if $100 is your maximum bid amount OR if that is your 'all-in' amount (if the latter... what is your maximum bid amount?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]