Hotwire Hotel: Help me ID this Waikiki 5*?

kamaainagirl
By kamaainagirl,
in

My hope is that it is the Royal Hawaiian. On the

Starwood site the Royal is selling at $265

5 Star

Waikiki Beachfront

Dates: 3/10/05 - 3/14/05

$226

Amenities List:

Resort

Beachfront

Restaurant(s)

Pool(s)

Fitness Center

Spa Services

Children's Activity Program

Business Center

Thank you for your help! I just stumbled on to this site and wow, what a great resource.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you look at the second post of our HOTWIRE HAWAII HOTEL LIST you see that these amenities and star rating have indeed been associated with the Sheraton Royal Hawaiin. Of course there could always be another hotel with the same exact amenities and star rating that we don't yet know about, but this would be my best guess and i'd think your chances are very good.

If you decide to purchase this, let us know how it goes, and please use THIS LINK to begin your purchase.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hey, thank you for the quick reply!

I had looked over that list but had missed the Royal on that list. Thanks for your feedback.

Question for you, about Hotwire or Priceline in general:

I was referencing tripadvisor.com and read in a review of the Royal that a front desk agent made a snide comment because the client had reserved through PL. Is that often the case? Do hotel agents, do you think, look more favorably upon reservations booked through the company directly? Would they be more apt to upgrade a direct rez vs. a hotwire or Priceline rez? Just wondering and would appreciate any thoughts.

Am deciding whether to do the 226 at the Royal or the 176 rate at what I'm pretty sure is Hilton Hawaiian Village. It's a factory but I love the beach there.

I have had many PL and Hotwire stays without any poor service from the front desk because of the way it was booked. I have never been upgraded on a PL or Hotwire stay. Some people have been upgraded but I would not count on it.

My two cents:

I've yet to experience bad treatment, but i'm sure others have. When poor treatment does occur, it's easy to blame your discounted rate, but if you read thru tripadvisor you'll also see that often those full-rate customers receive poor treatment too! :)

When a Priceline/Hotwire customer receives poor service they're likely to attribute it to their discounted rate, while a 'traditional' customer who receives poor service is more than likely just going to blame the hotel.

Hotel employees are ordinary people, sometimes they have bad days. Then again, sometimes guests have bad days too and take it out on unsuspecting hotel employees! (and i'm sure the guests never blame themselves!)

Bottom Line: There are some hotels that discriminate against Priceline and Hotwire guests, but fortunately this is more the exception than the rule. I'd imagine that most of the time when a Priceline/Hotwire guest claims they received poor service they attribute it to their discounted rate, when in reality it more than likely had nothing to do with that.

No matter how i book, if i have a problem and didn't get what i expected, i would ask to speak to a manager and calmly and politely state my problem and seek a resolution.

You can receive good or bad service no matter how you book... a lower rate lowers my expectations a bit and also makes it easier to tolerate poor service when it does occur.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]