Priceline Hotel: 2.5* (Santa Monica-Marina Del Rey) Marina Del Rey Hotel

Colfax
By Colfax,
in

$45/2.5* was rejected.

Marina Del Rey Hotel

13534 Bali Way

Marina Del Rey, CA 90292

Regular rate was $108.75 for Peninsula View (I call it Parking Lot View) or $119.25 for Marina View. They gave me a Marina View room with a large private balcony. Rooms need renovation. Carpet stained, wallpaper peeling. Free parking, free internet, and the gorgeous sunset view from my balcony partially compensated.

Bids placed through the BetterBidding PRICELINE link.

May I ask...did you call the hotel or how did you get the Marina View Room with balcony? I thought you could only get the "parking lot view" when booking these low rates... Just curious. I need a hotel room in a few weeks and still considering areas such as Marina del Rey, I'm specially interested in the sunset views...

Colfax,

Congratulations on your win... looks like a nice deal for this property!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Hope you enjoyed your stay and the upgraded room.

Annabella,

I'm sure Colfax will update when he sees this thread, but i suspect it was 'luck of the draw' based upon what was available at the time of check-in. Even if he was given the option to upgrade for a fee or if it was simply having his room type request honored, there would be no assurance that you would be able to do the same for your own stay... should you win this property.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Annabella,

I didn't request a Marina View room with balcony and I didn't know they'd given me one until I got to my room.

It probably helped that I was there for a single night Sunday, usually a slow night. On a busier night when all the marina rooms are booked the free upgrade wouldn't have happened.

If you win this hotel on PRICELINE when you check in I would inquire if any marina view rooms are available. If they can't or won't upgrade for free you can ask what an upgrade would cost. Rack rate for marina view was only $10 more than parking lot view on the night I stayed. If you can upgrade for $10 it's worth it.

Good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]