Anyone had problems before with priceline?

joao
By joao,
in

Hi,

There is a PRICELINE EXPRESSion in my country (Brazil) that says that when "the offering is too big, the saint gets worried". I am having so many great deals in my recent offers with priceline that I can't help but to worry about the whole system. I understand how it works, but still dont accept the fact that I am paying 60% discount on some 4 and 5 star hotels.

Has anyone had bad deals with Priceline? I dont mean getting bad hotels (which I have seen few people get), but I am more worried about the reservation system, about discrimination at the hotels or anything similar.

I am far from complaining. I'm just think it is almost too good to be true. :)

Thanks!!

I think the issue is that the travel industry saw a decline this year and while things have seemed to improve in recent months, hotels in many areas are still making extensive use of PRICELINE and HOTWIRE in order to fill rooms.

There are going to be some areas where deals are not going to be as good - such as some smaller US areas where discounts are generally not as steep as the major cities - but I think the last year has been a terrific time for travelers. As expensive as NYC is this year, for example, it's definitely cheaper than in prior years.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]