Hotwire Hotel: help: 3.5*, Downtown Houston, TX

flytie
By flytie,
in

what up people? this is a very helpful website :)

well, after browsing for about a week I figured I could get some input.

I'm looking to get a hotel downtown houston for 1-28 thru 1-29 (possibly 1-28 thru 1-30)

I found a 3.5 * for $46. The listed aminities are: pool, resturant, fitness center, and business center.

I have a pretty good feeling that it's Crowne Plaza. I've done sooo much research, and that's the conclusion I came to. I checked for a car/hotel package on hotwire, and Crowne Plaza fits the description of the one I'm looking at.

I guess I'm just cautious since I've read stories of hotels that were supposedly in one area but ended up being somewhere else. I'm not familiar with Houston at all, so I need this hotel to be downtown in walking distance to the event I will be attending. If it is Crowne Plaze it's only a few blocks from where I'll be going. I've stayed at a Crown Plaze in Dallas, and it was pretty cool.

If anyone has experience, knows anything about this area, or has anythng to say please let me know. thanks

peace

It certainly matches what is believed to be associated with the Crowne Plaza, but with only four fairly common amenities, it can't be said for sure. I'd think your chances are good, but there could always be other hotels that we don't yet know about with the same amenties and star rating.

Considering $46/nite is pretty inexpensive for this area, i would take the chance... worse case scenario is you have to take a taxi to your venue which would still be less expensive than booking a hotel direct.

Let us know what you decide to do and/or if we can be of any additional help. If you decide to book this, please use THIS LINK to do so as it helps support the board and keeps it a free resource for everyone.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Considering $46/nite is pretty inexpensive for this area, i would take the chance... worse case scenario is you have to take a taxi to your venue which would still be less expensive than booking a hotel direct.

my thoughts exactly.

thanks a lot. I just wanted someone else's thoughts/reassurance since the person I'm going with doesn't like to have anything to do with finding a hotel...I have to do all the work :) , lol! I enjoy it, though, but just never used hotwire.

when I book it I'll use the link you provided, and I'll provide feedback when I return from the trip.

peace

ummmm...something told me to do more research so I did.

I didn't know Houston had a Raddison hotel. On hotwire Raddison would have the same star rating as Crowne Plaza. I just checked the Raddison website, and it has the same amenities. They also have the Raddison listed as being downtown, but according to their own map it's 14 miles away. Now, some of the amenities on the Raddison's website aren't too clear to me. They may offer services that Crowne Plaza doesn't, so I'm guessing that if it were Raddison listed on hotwire then more amenities might be listed. But after browsing through this board, I realize that hotels don't always list all the amenities on hotwire.

You would think they wouldn't list it as being downtown, but who knows! The reason I'm skeptical is cause I had a not so great experience in a Raddison before, and I really prefer Crowne Plaza over it. ..even if it is $46 dollars. Then there's the 14 minute ride to downtown either in a taxi, or by car.

On Expedia Raddison is listed as being in West Houston. When I did a search on hotwire for hotels in west houston, a 3 1/2 * hotel came up that I thought could be it, but it's missing one of the amenities that t should have according to its website.

o.k.

I'm off to contemplate what I'm going to do. Thanks for listening/reading :)

If you look in the Texas HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST (in the 2nd post, near the bottom of the Houston list, you will see the amenities believed to be associated with the Radisson, and they are not the same as above (nor are the star ratings the same))

As well, the Radisson doesn't appear to be in the Downtown zone (as defined by Hotwire's maps)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

good point ...and I just realized I was spelling Radisson incorrectly, lol!

I do find inconsistencies in star ratings guide,packages, and the hotel's website info., but oh well. I'll just base my decision off the map.

alright. My head is hurting from all this :). I'll be booking the 3.5* hotel sometime this week. thanks.

be back soon

peace

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]