Priceline Hotel: Resort Maui (Wailea-Makena) Wailea Marriott

pefster
By pefster,
in

Offered $90 for 3 1/2 star+ class in either Laihana or Wailea -- bid rejected. Priceline counteroffered $112. I started over, upped the hotel class to Resort, upped my bid to $93 -- bid accepted.

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $93.00

Subtotal: $279.00

Taxes & Fees: $46.77

Total Charges*: $325.77

I'm concerned about the $25 a day Resort Fee, which may or may not be mandatory, and the $14 a day fee for internet. Frm what I read, it sounds like even if you manage to decline the Resort Fee (which includes parking and some botled water), they still require you to pay $15 a day for self-parking. I don't feel that Priceline gave me adequate notice of the Resort Fee before I booked, and there's nothing about it on Marriott's website for that location.

Sorry to hear you are disappointed with the fees. :)

Unfortunately, Resort Fees are common in some areas, and neither PRICELINE or HOTWIRE do note resort fees with the total. I am surprised that I can't seem to find the resort fee listed on the Marriott website, although the parking fee is noted.

From the PRICELINE help section:

"Depending on the property you stay at you may also be charged (i) certain mandatory hotel specific service fees, for example, resort fees (which typically apply to resort type destinations and, if applicable, may range from $10 to $40 per day), energy surcharges, newspaper delivery fees, in-room safe fees, tourism fees, or housekeeping fees and/or (ii) certain optional incidental fees, for example, parking charges, minibar charges, phone calls, room service and movie rentals, etc. These charges, if applicable, will be payable by you to the hotel directly at checkout. When you check in, a credit card or, in the hotel's discretion, a debit card, will be required to secure these charges and fees that you may incur during your stay. Please contact the hotel directly as to whether and which charges or service fees apply."

After my stay at the Wailea Beach Marriott Resort, I'm happy to report that the Resort Fees are not mandatory, and that the parking fees appear to be avoidable (I saw a lot of people parking in the nearby shopping mall parking lot and walking over). The only extra I decided to pay for was one day of internet for $14. The personnel were all friendly and professional, the resort and grounds are beautiful, and overall, I got a great deal.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]