Priceline Hotel: 3* Philadelphia (Airport PHL) Marriott

trucker217
By trucker217,
in

I used some of the tips from this web site and it worked great!

1st bid: $40 on 3* phila airport only - rejected

2nd bid: $45 on 3* & added stadium area (only 2* avail) rejected

3rd bid: $50 on 3* & added depford, NJ (only 2 1/2 * avail) accepted

Hotel Info:

Marriott Philadelphia Airport

Arrivals Road - Philadelphia International Airport

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19153

215-492-9000

Your Offer Price: $50.00

Number of Rooms: 2

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $100.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $22.00

Total Charges: $122.00

Check-In Date: Saturday, January 1, 2005

Check-Out Date: Sunday, January 2, 2005

Read & you will learn from this forum, for sure!

PS: Marriott web site listed $159.00 best rate available.

Trucker, this property is connected to the airport, if you are flying in, you could walk from the gate into the hotel itself. Not sure what the parking situation is like if you are driving in though.

Check out the Mummers Parade in Phila on New Years Day, it is an all day event starting at 9:00 am and going up Broad street.

Getting a Marriott for $50 is sweet!!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing it with the rest of the board. We're glad to hear you were able to use the information here to help you get a great deal on a hotel and save some money in the process.

We look forward to hearing about your future wins.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Big Two for cheesesteaks are Pat's (who claims to have invented the Philly Cheesesteak) and Geno's, both on Passyunk ave and within a stone's throw apart. There are devotee's of each, but Geno's uses Rib Eye steak and for me, this gets the nod. If you get to the counter, you need to know that it will come with a slap of Cheese Whiz, if you order it "with" then it comes with fried onions. You can get it with American or Provalone cheese, but for goodness sakes, do not dare order it with Swiss or you will be heckled from the joint. One of the Presidential candidates did so and an entire website was created to chronicle the gaffe!

For the best Cheesesteak, you should head towards John's on Weccacoe street, down near the Delaware river, kind of near the intersection of Columbus Boulevard and Oregon Ave. Or near Oregon Ave. and Front Street, there is Tony Lukes which serves up a good cheesesteak but a better Roast Pork sandwich, get it with Provalone and sauteed Broccoli Rabe (bitter greens as it is called) and you will not regret it!!

Can't help with the best Hoagie because many of my haunts are in South Jersey, where they are still torn between calling them Subs or Hoagies.

you know your steaks and hoagies!! Leo's was mentioned as having one of the best in the Philly area, but not too many folks know where Folcroft is. It is not far from the Philly airport. I was going to mention Wawa for hoagies, they are pretty consistant across all of their 500+ locations. I think its because they use Amoroso rolls. As for Big John's in Cherry Hill, I understand that they had been sold recently and that the cheesesteaks are not up to previous standards. There is a place called Chicks on Rt. 70 near the Ellisburg Fire Company that is pretty good for cheesesteaks. If you are driving into NJ across the Walt Whitman bridge, get to Carmines Deli in Bellmawr for a great hoagie, almost too big for one person to eat, I have to pace myself if I go there!!

I've been to Chick's and they make a great chicken steak too (we split both a chickensteak and a traditional cheesesteak... both were excellent but the chickensteak i thought was one of the best 'steak' sandwiches i've ever had). Only problem is it is impossible to find, so make sure your directions are very precise and don't be afraid to ask somebody if you feel you're a little lost.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]