Priceline Hotel: 3* St. Louis (Downtown) Sheraton on 14th St

jackkrat
By jackkrat,
in

I tried $36 first for downtown area only, but to no avail. Priceline made me change either star rating or area. Next, I tried $50 for both Downtown and Clayton/Forest Park areas. The reason for the voluntary price jump is I realized that the weekend I was seeking (5/20/05) was probably graduation for SLU or Wash U or both! At any rate, something is going on that weekend because $50 was rejected too. I did not want to compromise on the star rating, which may be another reason why my bid was rejected. . . there are a lot of "sketchy" 3*'s in the Lou so I didn't want to take a chance.

In the end I took the standard group rate at the Millenium Hotel downtown for $79 - that is the negotiated rate for wedding guests for our friends wedding that weekend. My first bad experience after relying on betterbidding.com's guidance several times - it had to happen sooner or later.

Looked into what 3* hotels people were getting in St. Louis and figured I could afford to lower my standards after getting rejected for 4*/$50. Who knew that this Sheraton was only a 3* hotel? Usually hotels are overrated on Priceline, but because I've stayed at this Sheraton before I can attest that it is UNDERRATED. So I canceled my $79 reservation back-up at the Millenium and am saving a bundle. WOOHOO!

Update - oh yeah, here's some more info, including the total after taxes and fees. . .

Check-In Date: Friday, May 20, 2005

Check-Out Date: Saturday, May 21, 2005

Sheraton Saint Louis Hotel And Suites

400 South 14th Street

St Louis, Missouri 63103

314-231-5007

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $35.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $12.40

Total Charges: $47.40

Parking: ??? I'll try and remember to post this after my stay. . .I wish people would do this more often, because it can make a significant difference for automobile travelers.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulation on your win and thank you for sharing it with the rest of the board (as well as your prior rejected bid). Your post also adds a new hotel to our lists and we thank you for that as well.

We do have a HOTEL REVIEWS section where users are encouraged to post follow-up comments regarding their stay where they can talk about quality issues and other aspects of their stay such as parking charges (as well, we recently launched RealHotelPhotos.com where users can actually post photos of the properties... really gives a visual to what users mean when they state "modern" or "outdated" and other users can decide for themselves if certain aspects are within/beyond their own standards).

Thanks again for posting and we hope you enjoy your stay... we look forward to your follow-up comments upon your return.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]