Priceline Hotel: 4* Miami (Airport MIA) InterContinental West

jackslav
By jackslav,
in

Hello,

I need 2 rooms for a precruise stay in Miami.

I was thinking downtown would be best since we need to do some shopping, entertainment and not too far from the beach. If there are other areas other than downtown that fit the glove, I am more than happy to learn.

check in date: 12th feb evening

check out date: 15th feb morning

Max price: Prefably below 100usd and max would be 135 usd.

Downtown is closest to the port, but as you'll be there for 3 nites and are looking for beach, you may alos want to consinder South Beach and/or Miami Beach.

However, not sure what's happening during these dates, but current rates are very high and you may have trouble finding a 4* hotel in any of these zones for under $135.

Let us know which zones you're willing to accept and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well actually the port is in Fort Lauderdale but Miami seems to have more activities; shopping, beach, Miami Heat etc. The last precruise we stayed in Fort Lauderdale but had to drive all the way to Miami to visit the bigger malls so we decided to stay in Miami this time. Basically we just want to be at the malls mostly, have a mart nearby to buy the daily stuff for the kids and 4* hotel. Other than that, we are fine with any zones.

I'm assuming you'll have a rental car and it sounds as if the immediate area surroudning the isn't that important, as your main goal is to be within close proximity (driving distnace) of things to do.

If you look at PRICELINE's map of this area, would the Airport or Coral Gables/Coconut Grove areas work for your needs? I mention these based upon your budget, but are there any other zones you think would be appropriate?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I do not have a rental car so I think we will be travelling with taxis a lot.

Since you don't intend to rent a car, I'd suggest you do some additional research in terms of exactly what you want to do these dates as taxis can add a lot to your total 'true' cost. For example, from Downtown to South Beach is (i think) at least $25-$30 (each way), which would add considerably to your stay (so much so that it would likely defeat any 'savings' you experienced by saving in the Downtown zone vs. a zone that was close to the beach or whatever else you intend to do)

Airport and Coral are fine (and other zones) if they have a some kind of supermarket at walking distance as long as the hotel is 4*.
Without a car i wouldn't necessarily recommend Coral Gables as that will put you even 'further out' than Downtown.

In addition to the above, as your dates include Valentine's Day nite, so your budget may be a bit of a reach for an ideal zone... so you'll likely need to make a decision between cost vs. your 'wants' (in terms of location and 4* rating).

If you include the Airport zone i don't think you're well within your previous budget, but i'd also suggest that you'll likely need to budget for another $50-$100 in taxi expenses each day... let us know if this is acceptable and we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

No, i meant that the Airport zone should cost you less than your original $100-$135/nite budget, not requiring you to increase your budget to $190.

When bidding 4* in MIAMI you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Coral Gables and Airport...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* South Beach Central, South Beach Oceanfront, and South Beach Ocean Drive...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Coral Gables, Airport, South Beach Central, South Beach Oceanfront, and South Beach Ocean Drive...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95

Any quesitons feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Got it!!

Intercontinental West Miami

Your Offer Price: $90.00

Number of Rooms: 2

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $540.00

Taxes and Fees: $87.18

Total Charges*: $627.18

What I am most happy about is that it is ranked 16th in the Tripadvisor, likely meaning it is a good catch. I am also happy about the price. I always have mixed feelings about airport hotels, although I never stayed in one before. Always had the feeling they were far away from the places to visit but in this case, it is right between the mall and downtown. Thank you BetterBidding and of course I used the link!

We also need a room for a pre-cruise Miami stay during that time. Feb. 13th check in Feb. 14th check out. We were looking at the Intercontinental on the HOTWIRE link, but since it is west of the airport, I called to see how much it would cost to get to the POM. They said it would be $50 to $60 (they said it was a half hour drive). So I am choosing not to bid on this one. But I am still looking for cities close to Miami (downtown) that wouldn't cost so much for transportation.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]