By pezpaul,
in

$49/night, December 23-26, 2009. Listed

Complimentary Breakfast

Pool

Business Center

Laundry

High Speed Internet

Expected the Hyatt with 3*... instead got the La Quinta, which is listed at 2.5*s (on Expedia and Tripadvisor)! When checking the rates on the La Quinta, we didn't really get a "deal" since the La Quinta is only $44/night directly from La Quinta.... Note I booked for 4 adults, so maybe that threw things off? Regardless, not a good experience.

Won't be using HOTWIRE ever again. :)

Welcome <officially> to BetterBidding!

Sorry to see you're not happy with the results. If it was the Hyatt Place you were expecting, note that property has different amenties than the property above (a tip that perhaps it was a property other than what you had thought)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Hope your stay goes better than you expect.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the warm welcome (the boards are excellent!), and pardon my mistake when reading the Hyatt ammenities... I was just a bit put-off by the "hotwire inflation" for star ratings after hearing of so many PRICELINE successes from friends, albeit at more appropriately rated star levels.

The hotel reviews are OK for the La Quinta, so that's good. In addition, I'll be attempting the Hotel Price guarantee for HOTWIRE to double my difference... we'll see if it goes through though. It's not much, but hey, it's the principle really :). Hopefully my post will at least help someone identify this in future at the least.

Definitely will be using PRICELINE in the future though... not worth my time to research HOTWIRE and get a regular rate, yeesh!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]