Priceline Hotel: Resort San Juan Caribe Hilton

mlbreadytogo
By mlbreadytogo,
in

Bid accepted - first try - and wish I felt happier. Bid on PRICELINE - $120 for Resort Level and it was accepted right away. I was SO hoping to get ANY of the other 3 resorts! This was the ONLY one I didn't want, and THE reason I was afraid to bid. Thought sure I'd be resubmitting at the 4 star level. We'll just make the best of it, though - which shouldn't be too hard - lol! Hiltons are always very nice, but we didn't care for the location. Maybe after we stay there, we will, though - ? Now I wish I would have bid a little lower at the 4* level. Maybe the Condado Plaza would have come through - or even La Concha. We just couldn't afford to go up to the $150 level that may have gotten the Marriott Stellaris or the Intecontinental. Not w/the high resort fees on top of that. Went in w/my eyes open to what might happen, though!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board... sorry to hear that this was a hotel in the zone that you were trying to avoid.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the date(s) of your stay so we can add this information to the topic title and enable your win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Over the past week, several people on my cruise roll call who were looking for a hotel in San Juan also got the Caribe Hilton. Most for just a Saturday night stay. Four different bids were accepted, ranging from $88 to $90. So it seems one should start their bid in the high $80's for the resort category "on season", or else start out at about $150 to have a good chance of getting one of the other resort properties at that time of year.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]