Non-Smoking Room

Bacchus
By Bacchus,
in

I'm booking a 9-day stay through Hotwire in Providence, RI. Based on the amenities, I'm almost certain that the 3-star I'm looking at is the Holiday Inn. I'm very VERY concerned about not being able to get a non-smoking room. I'm very allergic to smoke, and I know this isn't guaranteed on Hotwire. But the room rate is $49 (vs. $119 on Expedia et.al.). Anyone have any experience with this?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Here are two similar threads:

Non-Smoking Rooms

HOTWIRE non-smoking room

Bottom line is that you can't be guaranteed a non-smoking room (i dont think thru Expedia either... only way to guarantee a preference such as this is thru the hotel's website, and even then i once witnessed a problem).

I would recommend that you follow the advice given for somebody else on the board who wanted a particular bedding configuration, and to them i posted:

-call the hotel and put in a bed non-smoking room request (especially if you know the 'priceline rooms' are only of a certain bed type)

-check-in early in the day (but after offical check-out time) when there are the most number of rooms unassigned

-join the hotels affinity program and have the number entered on your reservation. If the clerk tells you you're not eligible to get points on your reservation, tell them "i know, but i'd like it recorded in the system for any incidentals i charge to my room during my stay"

-hand them their affinity card along with your credit card when you check in

-smile and be friendly at check-in

I'd guess better than 95% of the time users are able to get non-smoking rooms as requested (and bed configuration requests a bit lower than than), but i'd guess the worst case scenario in your situation is that they'd move you to a non-smoking room after the first nite.

If you decide to book this, please use our affiliate link to HOTWIRE to do so as it helps to pay for the boards upkeep and remain a free resource for everyone.

Any other questions feel free to ask and if you purchase the above let us know the result along with the amenities Hotwire showed before purchase so that others can identify it in the future too.

Good Luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]