Priceline Hotel: 2.5* NYC (CPS) Wellington Hotel

g-nie
By g-nie,
in

It was very tough booking for rooms in this range of dates. After several days of trying at $130,$140,$150,$170, I finally managed to win at $180. Not sure how good this 2.5* hotel is going to be but at least I managed to get a room under $200 so i'm happy. Thanks to betterbidding for all the information. I have been a loyal user of this forum and have used clicked through the PRICELINE links on this site.

Welcome <officially> to BetterBidding!

As you've discovered, this is a very expensive time in NYC... nice to see you were able to find something within your budget.

We're glad to hear the information here has been helpful with your travel plans, please continue to share your purchases with the board so that your wins can help others with their own purchases.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this hotel is a real crapper. I had problems booking a room in NYC last December, 2008, around the same period that you are staying in NYC, and ended up with this hotel. Upon checking-in and being taken up to my room, I immediately tried to check-out and arrange a refund. No such luck. Repeated emails to Priceline were useless. This place is like the old Hotel Taft or the Abby Victoria...both of which were torn down, as this place should be. Sorry.

This stay has already passed, so we'll see if the OP has their own thoughts.

While i've never stayed here personally, i am a little familiar with the property, and while perhaps not the best hotel in the city, it would be about what i expect from a 2.5* hotel in NYC... the reviews are mostly "love it or hate it" so i think a lot has to do with your expectations for a hotel of this calibur in a large metropolitan city.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]