Hotwire Hotel: 3* for San Juan

Redwine
By Redwine,
in

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The property above matches previous reports for the Rio Mar Beach Resort, a Wyndham Resort so that would be my best guess for this one.

Occupancy is only guaranteed for the number of occupants you include in your search. If you only search for double occupancy, there is a chance you receive a room with only one bed, and the hotel may be unable, or unwilling, to accomodate your request for a room with 2 beds (or there may be an additional charge if they are willing to accomodate your request)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

What is the adult/chidlren combination you're using when searching for the property above?

Also, in re-reading your previous post, there is no issue/problem booking for 4adults and showing up with 2adults/2children (unless of course it's an 'adult only' property)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases. (and your searches too!)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The 3.5* above has not yet been identified, but there is a 3* hotel offered for nearly $50 less per nite which i believe to be the Sheraton Old San Juan... would this work for your plans? What is it that you're looking for from this stay?

Whatever you decide for this stay, i would temper your expecations, as even the best hotels often have more than a handful of negative reviews, mostly caused by unrealistic expecations.

I've often commented that San Juan is an expensive hotel market, and when guests are paying a lot of money they often expect a lot of service, and most San Juan hotels fall short in this regard. It's not that the service is outright 'bad', but more so that although part of the United States, Puerto Rico is still very much an island, operating on 'island time' and takes things a little bit slower than their US counterparts. This isn't the place i would go expecting a "high end" experience, regardless of the hotel i was staying at. Just my .02

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]